What's the best way to wake up in a hurry?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
5 gallon bucket of ice and water, at 4am.... i wonder why i have "friends"....
also woke to find one of my cockroaches had escaped and found its way onto my face while i was asleep. they are very sharp when scared and it didnt let go for quite a while...
and, of course, kittens... a kitten (one of the 7...) got in a cupboard full of glasses once, and being of quite ample girth, basically emptied it onto the concrete floor. little git.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Falling asleep with a tin of beer in hand. Only to wake as the tin of beer starts to slip out of your hand and pour beer onto your crotch! Wide awake thinking you have peed your pants is not a good move!

I did that at a friend's party way back in the 70's. The main problem was that Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was on the stereo and when a certain track called "Time" started..... well the alarm bells went off, I leapt out of my skin and sprayed everyone with beer :) I have leapt up every time since then that I have heard any alarm, ding, or rattle :) I recommend it as training to do a fast wake up!

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
To the words of.... 'no I'm not joking, the baby's on its way'

3am, two hours into a kip form a 16 hour shift.

But it was the best morning of my life.

TBL.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
107mm Chinese rocket is the best alarm clock so far, beats the wet nose wanting walkies. your ears pick up the whistle whilst it is in midflight. I can sleep through most noises

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
To the words of.... 'no I'm not joking, the baby's on its way'

3am, two hours into a kip form a 16 hour shift.

But it was the best morning of my life.

TBL.

Similar one here, again 3am (although haddn't been on a 16hr shift) tap on shoulder and the words "my waters have broken" dont think i have ever woken up so fast in my life!

There then followed a very long day 'till our daughter was born at just before 5pm - but wouldn't have missed any of it for the world

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
I once read about some eminent chap (can't for the life of me remember who) who had difficulty waking up, getting up and staying awake in the mornings.

His solution - when he set his alarm clock at night (one of the loud, traditional ones with the bells on top) he would put it in a large, lockable metal box well away from his bed. He'd put the key to the box at the bottom of a tall jug on the other side of the room, which was then filled with water.

In the morning when his alarm went off (amplified by the tin box) he would have to get out of bed and go to the other side of the room and plunge his arm up to the elbow in cold water to retrieve the key to unlock the box and switch his alarm off!

Eccentricity at it's finest!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
try this one.......

fast asleep, contentedly on a sunday afternoon in my favorite chair, not a care in the word........then the SMOKE ALARM goes off !!

man, i was up and running before i was fully awake !!

When I worked with resident with behaviours that challenged i found the fastest way to wake me up was scream, I also learnt to sleep in tracky bottoms or combats as my usual sleeping attire of my boxers (sorry for mental image folks) was not always best suited for the situations I found the waking night staff in and needing back up.

Nowadays fastest way to wake up is for one of my dogs to land on my head.

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
in baghdad after hearing a great WWWWWWWOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! BOOOM!!!!! Followed by a droning sound of the 'incoming' signal.

very scary biscuits indeed!

the said ordinance had landed about 75 meters outside our compound just short of the U.S. embassy/ comand post in baghdad

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Sleeping in our tent in Jasper in the rockies,
i woke to my wife saying "i think there is a bear outside the tent "!:yikes:

So i had to get up and look , it was a few elk walking through
the campsite.

If it had been a bear i would have been in the bear box with the food.:)

Craig..........

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
My mate has just said that he was woken suddenly on exercise one morning.

laying in a trench ,his oppo opened up with a twenty round burst with a gpmg !
He was shouting that a badger was trying to eat him so he opened fire.(with blanks)

within about ten seconds about 16 guys started firing and screaming contact contact!!

Nobody could see a thing as it was still pich dark.

A couple of days later when they met the local farmer his sheepdog ran away when it saw the walking bushes.
the farmer said it had been acting weird since it went out for a walk early in the morning a couple of days ago.

Turns out his mate had a bombay bad boy pot noodle and didn't like it so he threw it out the trench and the dog was eating it , not a badger .:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Craig................

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE