Whats it worth ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hawk Hawkins

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Tennessee, US
Havent been on much lately, busy man, and as of recently a bad bout with broncitis. Which I finally got beat I do believe.
I am currently the proud owner (maybe not so proud owner after the replies I recieve to this post, lol) of a true to life German "worm suit"complete with waterproof outer cover. Very nice idea I think.
Whats the value both monetary, and camp usefulness of these things.
Hawk

Hawk Hawkins

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Tennessee, US
I dont have one at the present time, but the best description I have is bascially its half parka half sleeping bag. The lower half for the feet roll up into a bundle that fits around the middle of the back. The whole thing folds or well in my case stuffs into a sack which is sewn to the back of the parka.
Hawk

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I have one of them......They are quite warm, but because the outer is rubberised (is that a word..?) you tend to sweat lots in them, even though you do have 2 zips you can undo. I haven't used it in years though....Never wore it as a coat, far too embarassing....

Hawk Hawkins

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Tennessee, US
I never wore it as a jacket either...I think its for the same reason. of course that nice roll up in the back could make a good storage bin for an empty nagalene pee bottle LOL
Hawk

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
I used to use one for night fishing. Basically heavy, sweaty due to non-breathable outer as Jon says and trying to hop in one to your rods in the middle of the night is no joke :eek: :D

The idea is nice but reality is they are only useful for a fixed camp. I used to wear it jacket style and it's OK except that when you sit you are raised up on the bottom half by about 300mm ;) The arms are useful for fishing and quick access but don't help insulation etc. They are very well made (hence weight) and the outer can be taken off and used separately which is useful, and then you can use the inner quilted section without sweating. They do not pack down small either!

I would personally avoid them for all but fixed camp use perhaps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE