Whats in your pocket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 27, 2007
essex
The strangest thing you have ever had in your pocket must now be revealed!

While bushcrafting over the years I have had all kinds in there, such as rotting fungi, but I have never been able to top that of this guy that decided to drop by while I was doing a spot of fishing once. He was as drunk as a skunk!

He sat down with me for a while (driving me mad with his drunken words) when all of a sudden he stood up, put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a fish! A roach to be exact!

Strange chap! And poor fish!

Kris

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A Pehistoric stone loom or fishing weight, fopund in gravel being laid as a base for tarmac paths on a housing estate in Herefordshire. It seems the gravel was taken from near Sutton Walls Iron Age hill fort (within walking distance of where I found the stone) and was identified by Hereford museum personel.
This was when I was 5 or 6 and the stone is long gone in a myriad of house moves....

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
A sandwhich! In my No 2 dress just before a Rememberance Parade! It must have been quite old, as I hadn't used my No 2's since my great-grandmothers funeral about four months before! It was left there by a mischievious brother!

:rolleyes:

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
a miniature klingon phrase book or my borg cube keyring (christ that hurts in you land on it)

Haha you serious mate?

For me would be a rabbits foot :D Caught my first rabbit drunk as a skunk,took it off with an axe and thought "Am avin' that!" In my pocket it went :D

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
totally, the phrase book is on a shelf now but ive always got the cube on me keys,
its not that weird i suppose, daft keyrings are a bit common.

I wish i could have said a black book full of girls phone numbers but alas not the case

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Kris.....I cannot beat a roach in my pocket....I do not really like things in my pockets, but I did once find a £20 note in my pocket.....:approve:

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
A pint of hemp seed from a fishing trip, accidently left in a jacket. Went through two airports with in stuffed inside. Found it on the campsite when I was cold at night in the south of france. Those airport police over there look a bit fierce so couldn't throw it away quick enough.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
This brings a little ... chuckle ... to me. Too many things have ended up in the pockets.

Minnows/earthworms (for bait), back half of a squirrel (the front took the brunt of my shot and wasn't worth saving), wire, bolts, nails, computer chips, assorted plants, various seeds (some legal - some questionable), that little black book (mostly of girls that wouldn't go out with me), misc. camping/flowers/bird books, bullets, knives, flint, beads, leather, chicken eggs (promptly smashed by one of my brothers), duck eggs (a little tougher but still smashed by one of my brothers), assorted tools, etc. etc. etc.

The list can go on and on. Haven't been caught with any ... um ... less than legal items/substances - yet.

And maw still won't forgive me for that long slithery creature when I was a little yonker!

Mikey - strolling down memory lane out here in the Hinterlands

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
Well for me I have a small flat stone I picked up in East Timor, a couple of foreign coins and a Challenge coin given to me by some American friends when I was working OPFOR... aside from that nothing too strange.

Oh!... I almost forgot, I once found a ladies thong in the pocket of my Bush jacket when I was out field on exercise, problem is I couldn't figure out how it got there coz it was a brand new jacket! :eek:

Cheers,

Karl

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
espasuly at army cadets, not so much strange like fish or squirrles but more stupidity. we are always told to pack mega light and only the essential when we go out in the feild and it amazes me what some cadets bring, like hair driers and even once a portable tv in there belt kit and then they wonder where they are going to plug it in lol. also one boy tried to steel a smoke grenede but the pin came out in his pocket and it went off.
i havnt had anything that srange in my pockets, knives, food, string, air pistols, bru kit and other bits and bobs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE