whats in your pipe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hrafnmann

Jan 19, 2013
BC
When I use to partake of the pipe, I actually grew or harvested my own non-tobacco smoking material in the form of coltsfoot, sage, betony, thyme, raspberry leaves, black current leaves, kinnikinnick, red osier dogwood, etc. and made various blends. No, none of that illegal funny stuff! I never took to tobacco but when sitting around the campfire after a hunt or what have you and all your buddies are puffing away, I took up the pipe as an affectation. I actually found the process of prepping the pipe and smoking it rather conducive to being contemplative…with the side benefit of keeping the mosquitoes away.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm free of the weed now ( 98 days & 19 hrs! ) but for many years got immense pleasure from both Mick Mc Quaid flake and Tam O'Shanter flake, but over the course of time the tobacco changed dramatically and also became difficult to find; I found myself wheezing up hills and coughing mornings so reluctantly quit as the only thing better than a good pipe is a good wander, and I couldn't do both...........atb, mac

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I smoke more when I am in a office than when I am outside. For example since I finished work I am on about 20 a day rather than 30 - 35 a day and I am smoking one of my cherished cigars a day rather than two or three.

When I am out doing something, walking, fishing, etc I smoke far less than I do when in a poorly ventilated room right next to a industrial paint shop where fan blades turn black in a week, hell when I was in that office I had a ecig that I took a blast from when I couldnt get away from the task at hand. Now it sit's unused in my work bag.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
As I've got photobucket open,

2012-08-25071431.jpg

2012-08-26085413.jpg

2012-10-06092958.jpg

2012-11-18210619.jpg

Diy pre dye;

2012-11-26205056.jpg

post dye;

2012-11-28202101.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If you ever come across it in a second hand bookshop or sh*te bay, geta copy of Sublime Tobacco by Compton McKenzie, a brilliant and informative read about all things pipe and 'baccy....atb mac

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
oooh posh with a pipe rest
where Ya get that chad?
It's a plastic Mr Brog one Sam. Cheap as chips but great for churchwardens. You can get swish stainless ones if one desires to be posh. I was dragged up I'll have you know! A quick search should turn up loads on the bay. Failing that Smoke-king.co.uk may have some under accessories, I can't remember.

If you ever come across it in a second hand bookshop or sh*te bay, geta copy of Sublime Tobacco by Compton McKenzie, a brilliant and informative read about all things pipe and 'baccy....atb mac
Never heard of that, I'll have a nose round for it. Thanks!

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
you lot so worried about dying yet you have some of the most dangerous hobbies going lol .
dangerous.jpg

:offtopic:
On a lighter note I made my first bushcraft pipe recently
DSC_0088.jpg

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
I'm really enjoying the thread actually as I've just started to collect pipes... Mainly estate pipes as they look and feel a little more 'worn-in'. I don't smoke myself (yet!) but might want to try an aromatic at some point!
judging from what I've picked up here, Peterson's seems to be a common favourite??? ;)

....well, what do you expect(?).... I turned 40 a couple of days ago and in the pub my wife presented me with a pipe and slippers!!!

me my hat slippers and pipe.jpg

Martin ;)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
1) Scouse
2) Man of Tanith

Any more add yourself to the list.

By the way mate I have a few cigars (aged) I am willing to get rid of if you want some let me know I'll pop em in the post for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE