What's in your hot chocolate?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
anybody know any good camp recipe's, not using rat packs, but real choc :) maybe with milk powder...

If you go into the Hotel Chocolat shops (very posh nonsense chocolate) they do this tear drop hot chocolate. you melt the tears in a bit of cream, then top up with milk...its pretty incredible. SOmething you should try at least once :D

Not tried this but your question got me thinking

Pre mix sugar, cocoa and a good quality dried milk (the German Lidl milk is super) and store in a zip lock bag.

At camp, mix into a paste with water, add more water and bring to a low boil?

You can do a cocoa powder and instant custard mix in the same way, I've tried this and it works well, wonderful poured over a slab of fruit cake.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Twinings Swiss Chocolate drink. into hot milk, mini marshmellows topped with whipped cream and a liberal sprinkling of the twinings or shavings from a choccy bar.

thats how its served in the Lovatt household. :D

personally i like the green and blacks straight up its lovely and bitter.

Someone mentioned Hot Chocolate with Rolled Oats from the Army Ration Pack, God that brings back memories, of cold shell scrapes..

Does anyone know how to make the dried rolled oats of is it simply the stuff you buy from asda?

I ask because that will be my breakfasts bagged now.....

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Someone mentioned Hot Chocolate with Rolled Oats from the Army Ration Pack, God that brings back memories, of cold shell scrapes..

Does anyone know how to make the dried rolled oats of is it simply the stuff you buy from asda?

I ask because that will be my breakfasts bagged now.....

The ten man rat packs used tins of Quaker's Oats the other year.

I haven't seen the pinhead or rolled oats in rat packs for ages.

I miss the tinned Goulash more than anything though. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE