What's in your hip flask?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
At home iv got a Balvenie carribean cask 14 and in my flask chivas regal 12 mixed with a dash of stags breath. For all of you having a go at bourbon most scotch whiskys are first matured in a bourbon barrel normal Jack Daniels because they make shed lods of casks then the whisky is put into another barrel eg sherry to give it some flavour. The only time bourbon barrels are not used is if it says that the whisky was matured in a virgin barrel. So cut the bournon drinkers some slack if it wasn't for them drinking the swill first we wouldn't get such yummy scotch!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Home made damson gin

A few years ago I'd made some cranberry whisky. popped it in a pewter flask and promptly forgot it was in there. It took less than a year to eat it's way out of the seams in the flask. Don't think the damson will be as acidic but either drink it quick (always good advice:eek:) or keep an eye on it.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
At home iv got a Balvenie carribean cask 14 and in my flask chivas regal 12 mixed with a dash of stags breath. For all of you having a go at bourbon most scotch whiskys are first matured in a bourbon barrel normal Jack Daniels because they make shed lods of casks then the whisky is put into another barrel eg sherry to give it some flavour. The only time bourbon barrels are not used is if it says that the whisky was matured in a virgin barrel. So cut the bournon drinkers some slack if it wasn't for them drinking the swill first we wouldn't get such yummy scotch!

The Caribbean Cast is on my Xmas list!!!
Did a wee tour of Balvenie once and got to turn the grain on the floor and then fill my own wee bottle... Sheer bliss!

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I'm pretty certain it was initially laphroaig (sp?), but the thrill of the taste (see what I did there?) lies in the fact that I found it a while ago when falling into a peat hag in Glen Affric so can't be really sure what it was. The pleasure was shared with my companion as we managed to get a fire going on a damp and soggy night then stripped off and cleaned up in the glacial Water of Affric before warming up with hot chocolate followed by whatever was in the found flask. Now it is definitely the aforementioned beverage, but there remains the ghostly hint of "something else" to remind me of the glen and the first round provided by someone else. :angel:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE