What ya reading?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just wondering what you're reading at the moment, I'm just between books and i've a few to choose from, hence me thinking about books at the moment.

What are you reading and what do you think of it?

Palaeocory

Forager
I'm getting through my Christmas books and a few others - Ruth Goodman's "How to be a Tudor" is quite fun (so far I've learned interesting tidbits about how to distill essences and how to make a flock mattress), and The "Woodland Homestead" by Brett McLeod is good escapism for my future off-grid homestead in the forest. At a charity shop the other day I picked up "The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman, about the world and deterioration of the built environment if humans just disappeared. And the day before yesterday I picked up "The Neanderthals Rediscovered" by Dimitra Papagianni to get an update on what those rascally Homos have been up to lately, but haven't started it yet. Oh, and before bed I'm reading the Penguin History of Canada to my husband, and we've finally reached 1867 when Canada became independent from Britain. Slowly making him want to move there with me... :)

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Think like a freak - Steven Levitt...(author of "freakonomics" and "superfreakonomics")...interesting, but perhaps not for everybody.

quidditys_shore

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Middlesbrough
Wild - Cheryl strayed.
Watched it on the plane to disneyworld & fell in love with it! As usual the book is far better than the film.

I usually have 2-4 books on the go at the same time depending on my reading mood lol so also the end of Mr Y half read (unusual but good!) just got turn left at orion & started imajica by Clive Barker again (my fav book of all time. I read it every year or so which is no mean feat as its 1200 pages & a very worn paperback haha)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
517hjk6XcLL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/nov/16/winter-adam-gopnik-review

Last edited:

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Currently reading Norwegian Wood by Lars Mytting and Mors Korchanski's Bushcraft with Shackleton's Stowaway by Victoria McKernan in the queue

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Living with rheumatoid arthritis by Phillipa Pigache. The most informative book I've read on it. It explains all the triggers and what happens in brilliant detail. Not Bushy...but Brill.
Bushy...just about to start Advanced Bushcraft by Dave Canterbury

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I read Dave Canterbury's bushcraft 101 over christmas and it was a nice refresher with a few new things in there too. I'd recommend it. I'm halfway through hid 'Advanced Bushcraft' and find it slightly repeats the first, but is different enough to other books in the genre to be worth a read. I've just started reading the journals of Robert Rogers and was given a book called 'No Angel', about an undercover ATF agent infiltrating the Hells Angels. I havn't read enough of either to recommend yet but I'll let you know how they go.

Keithlard

Feb 15, 2012
Cornwall
I have Norwegian Wood to read after I'm done with my current one. :)

Just finished this, and it's superb. A real love poem to wood, and quite inspiring, but also full of practical information. As soon as the rain stops I'll be out there working on my woodpile!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
"The Bloody & Brave History Of Native American Warriors & The Women Who Supported Them." by Edwin Sabin.
Pretty good so far though he has an odd writing style even for the time.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE