What ya get then?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Round 2 resulted in

A knee length pair of socks to wear with my kilt.
A Jacobite calico shirt
The Forager Handbook by Miles Irving

Really chuffed with everything :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
My little lad got his first telescope - it will be seeing us from both of us :D

Spent most of Christmas night staring at craters on the moon and what we're fairly sure was Jupiter.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
My little lad got his first telescope - it will be seeing us from both of us :D

Spent most of Christmas night staring at craters on the moon and what we're fairly sure was Jupiter.

If you've a smart phone a great app is Google Sky Map... simple to use and a great aid :)

Last edited:

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Google Sky Map is the ony reason we were able to even guess it might be Jupiter :D

That and a bit of googling of "what planets look like through a normal telescope" ...

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
soo...my cristmas is slightly delayed and spread out, but so far I have recieved some (fake?)fur lined boots. They are leather or suede and feel sturdy:) I am now debating wether to use some comercial saddle soap on them, my olive oil and beeswax mix, or my turpentine, beeswax and oil(linseed or olive, I can't remember) mix on them...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I suspect I'll default success a few times, but I'll try to remember the good and the almost :eek: .

Been having a play with turning leek and potato soup into bark. First lesson learned, I was concerned it was would be too watery so reduced the liquid. Reducing made it gloopy and thick, which lead to it holding water and taking longer to dehydrate :eek: :vio::27:

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
I can recommend Effax leather balsam on them

yeah,but that means having to buy stuff, and not only am I cheap, I also have no idea if I can get some things over here. Of course, the saddle soap I have might actually be Effax leather basalm, but the label has long since vanished:rolleyes: so I don't know what's in it.

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
I'm a bit late to the game here but things that relate to the great outdoors were an Osprey Exos 58 and a Zebralight H600, two nice pieces of kit that I'm dying to get out and use later this month.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE