what would cause this damage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oggy

Feb 18, 2011
creswell
last night a few of our rabbit hutches were damaged

we know our cats and dog didn't do it, so what would cause this?

IMG0750A.jpg

IMG0751A.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Have any random dogs been in your garden? Looks very much like a dog attack.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
If it's a rabbit hutch i would say it would be a fox some neighbors at our old house had chickens in a bomb/fox proof coop , the local foxes were always trying to get in but without much luck . the damage they did looked much the same .

Craig...........

oggy

Feb 18, 2011
creswell
i just went and looked at the droppings, they are smaller than the guinea pig dropping and a light brown colour, does that sound like rats?

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Rats it is then I guess, thought I could see big fang marks on the first picture. The rats at AirBus used to eat all the wood that had oil dripped on it, little biggers would eat through massive containers like it was cheese!

I hear a good way to kill the rats without laying poison is to make them eat wall-filler powder, put it all over some dry food bait.(drys in their gut and kills them)

oggy

Feb 18, 2011
creswell
thanks for all your help guys, i knew you guys could solve it, i just can't belive i missed the droppings till you guys mentioned them

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
There are 2 long scars from the main damage at the corner. Are these damage too or just marks in the grain? If this is damage, how would a rat create those scars? Could it be an owl?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE