What to use to replce tent peg loops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 26, 2011
Bristol
I have a few wonderful old orange vango force 10s, well OK much used and faded to pale orange now.

I want to replace the rubber peg loops as they've perished. Will 3mm shock cord be strong enough or do I need something thicker. Don't want to get so thick it's hard to tie but I don't think the kids (these are our youth group tents) will thank me if they snap.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
3mm might be ok but if you can use slightly heavier it'd be better.

Another alternative is these. The mushroom head just hooks into where the old rubber was
$(KGrHqZ,!ngFBgtK1qZ+BRyGPu8!Dg~~60_12.JPG

May 26, 2011
Bristol
Thanks, found some 5mm at a pretty good price, sounds like that will be better than the 3mm.

Those alternate rubber loops look interesting but with needing to do several tents they work out quite lot more than the cord.

There worth a pritty penny a force 10
Indeed, they are. They do last though, these are at least 18 years old,probably more and replacing the rubbers is all they need to be back in working order.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE