What to do on my week off

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wombat

Jul 19, 2008
Lancaster
www.tomahawk-tipis.co.uk
Hi Guys,
Just looking for suggestions, I've got an impromtu week off in August and the wifes at work, and I have a pass out. I'm handy for the lakes but it's my usual stomping ground so I fancied somewhere different.

Do any of you have experiance of scandinavia on a budget? I have a landrover Def, so maybe some overland trip.

Suggestions welcome.
many Thanks,
Wombat

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
With a week to play with I'd head for the north west coast of Scotland myself, maybe starting lower down around Fort William and working my way up from there. Taking in all the amazing deserted beaches and coastline as you go, maybe even a few wildlife trips out to the islands.

Ryecroft

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 26, 2007
North Shropshire
North West Scotland gets my vote, but I have not been to many places to be honest.

How about the Emerald Isle, I would love to tour the coast of Ireland.

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
Im going to Sweden in August 2 days drive there and back with 4 days camping in the middle ,Wild camping is free in Sweden and has the right to roam as long as you leave no trace ,so all you need is fuel for the landy food and a ferry ,and with a population of 9 million ,you very unlikly to see anyone anyway ! :)

Wombat

Jul 19, 2008
Lancaster
www.tomahawk-tipis.co.uk
Cheers Guys,

Some great ideas to think about, Scotland did have an appeal. Loch Marie was an area I saw on a wildlife Doc a few months back and it looked stunning. Chuck the open canoe on the truck and see where I end up.

I've got to get planned quick, or else she'll have jobs lined up for me around the house and garden and I'll never get away.

Cheers Wombat

Wombat

Jul 19, 2008
Lancaster
www.tomahawk-tipis.co.uk
Any bushcrafters recommend any good spots in NW Scotland for remote wilderness camping but with road access. The reason being I have an 18 foot Tipi and I'm thinking of taking that. My Dad, Dog & me spending the week living in it but I don't want to carry 15 or so 25 foot poles to far from the landy, and the canvas is heavy too.

Failing that any one no a campsite up there with loch access but is kinda remote, with out hords of families on summer hols if you know what I mean. (non commercial site).

Any ideas welcome

Wombat

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Kilbride farm on Seil island.

Say hello to Ali the parrot on Easdale for me!

(not the Highland arts studio who will charge you lots for the same thing)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE