What to do in Aviemore

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Crikey, what not to do.

Rothie estate, Cairngorms, Ospreys, Grantown for Hunting Shooting fishing, mountain biking, reindeer watching - they come right up to you.

As soon as you get there go to the tourist info, google things to do.

My favourite place in the world and I'm there four or five times a year.

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Go and eat cake in the Mountain Cafe upstairs above the outdoor shop!
Visit the brewery.

Head up into Glenmore where there is walking, biking, watersports and a whole host of other outdoor activities to do.

Or simply pull on your boots and walk and walk and walk!

Glenfeshie is a short step from Aviemore and is a beautiful place to walk and wild camp.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
If it is anything like Glencoe you could count dead deer on the side of the road, we must have seen a dozen when we went through at Whitsun... I don't think we saw any antlers though...Which could be useful.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
If you have transport there is also the Landmarc Centre, Carrbridge, Highland Wildlife Park nr Kincraig & the Folk museum in Kingussie. All good for the family.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The butcher shop in town does some amazing black pudding. Om nom nom.

If you've transport, driving up to the ski centre car park is worth it for the view and you have the tops in short reach. The impressive Chalamain gap is a mile from the car park towards the Lairig Ghru and there are walks off that road all through Rothiemurchus.
Loch an Eilein castle is worth a walk to and the path takes you to Loch Einich for a longer walk- a very atmospheric and IIRC, the deepest gouge in the land in the UK.

I'm with Dougster, one of my favourite places in the world. So much to do and see.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
When my father was there earlier this year he went for lots of walks.

On the flat. You don't have to go up slopes if you don't want to

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I hitched up from Dumfries once and wild camped it was an awful tourist trap and I doubt it is any better now so I suggest get out and away as much as possible

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE