What to do if your posts don't appear, or you find you are banned

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello folks,

I am sorry to be adding this rather down beat message to our usually cheerful Introduction page.

This community has long been a friendly and open place. We recently had some fraudsters join to take advantage of that trust. Two definitely defrauded members, and a third appeared to fit the pattern and was banned to be on the safe side.

If it waddles and quacks, it gets treated like a duck.

It has been my experience that when we have challenged members we have been suspicious of, over their duck-like behaviour, they have just ghosted, never to be seen again. I do not believe we have ever banned any late blooming swans because they look like ugly ducks. An email to admin and a conversation will sort out any mistaken identity problems.

Similarly, if you find your first few posts as a new member do not appear on the forum within 10 hours of posting, try posting details about you and your interests in this forum (if you are reading this, I am preaching to the choir), and if that doesn't do it, ask for a conversation with one of the moderators. We used to approve all new members' posts provided they didn't breach forum rules, but some more care is clearly needed while we are in the scammer's sights.

Best regards

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE