What sweets or treats for the trail.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Chocolate covered raisins. Because they always remind me of this:

'What's that?" said one of the school kids I was talking for a walk over Rhossili Down on the Gower, pointing at a pile of sheep droppings.
I pretended to pick one up, put a chocky raisin in my mouth and chewed with a quizzical expression on my face as the kids "grossed out" (their words)
"Too nutty for Swaledale," I said, "I reckon its Welsh Mountain Black."

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Usually I take some good quality energy bars, like Jordans. As well as being tasty they are good for you. I like to have a bag of nuts too, I like salted ones but I've got to take plenty of water too. Dark chocolate is nice but it melts which can be messy so I rarely take any out and about with me; I eat it at home.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Varies and I'm not out walking for a while anyway but at home at the moment

Werther's Original Butter Mints
Grey's Herbal Tablet (Kid's got me a proper 5lb jar for xmas)
Iceland own brand mixed toffees.

These are nibbles for in front of the telly or PC, like Ian my taste changes all the time, more so since I stopped smoking.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
Varies and I'm not out walking for a while anyway but at home at the moment

Werther's Original Butter Mints
Grey's Herbal Tablet (Kid's got me a proper 5lb jar for xmas)
Iceland own brand mixed toffees.

These are nibbles for in front of the telly or PC, like Ian my taste changes all the time, more so since I stopped smoking.

oh oh oh oh!! where did you find mint wether's??!! Mrs 3bears is always looking for these but can never seem to find any! :(

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
mixed nuts and raisins, when I was young it was always rolled oats with sugar in a paper bag.
It rotted my teeth, but tasted great.

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
800042b_p1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrkisk_Peber :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Flapjacks every time !!!!
will keep you walking all day and come in all sorts of flavours these days !! and with none of the suger lows of sugary snacks

Flapjack is good stuff, as JAG says, and if you make your own (and its dead easy) you can add anything you like. Mine usually contains liberal quantities of almonds.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Ooh almost forgot, i also stuff my pockets with what i get sent from Graze.com
assortments of dried fruits, nuts, sometimes flapjacks, olives etc.
For tomorrows coppicing course i've got:
Pina Colada: pinapple, mango & coconut
The Lost Army: Oriental cracker mix
The Beach: banana, pineapple & mango

G

ganzter

flapjack all the way and no chocolate it always seems to melt before i get to eat it :(

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
nuts and dried fruit and nature valley granola bars particularly the maple syrup ones and endless amounts of chewing gum

Last edited:

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
My mate happens to own a confectionary company. They make all sorts of handmade boiled sweets, lucky tatties etc. I'm never short of bags of irn bru humbugs, vimpto humbugs, winter mixture, guinness humbugs, etc. :) The irn bru ones have to be a fave though, always got a bag in my shooting coat pocket.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
My mate happens to own a confectionary company. They make all sorts of handmade boiled sweets, lucky tatties etc. I'm never short of bags of irn bru humbugs, vimpto humbugs, winter mixture, guinness humbugs, etc. :) The irn bru ones have to be a fave though, always got a bag in my shooting coat pocket.

IRN BRU HUMBUGS!!! where would i get them normally? oh and guinness humbugs :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE