What stove fuel can i take on a plane?

emrock

Nov 17, 2011
East Anglia
I'm off to the Austrian alps in a couple of weeks for a bit of camping and walking, using my Bergans Lavvu. I normally us a Honey stove with hexi tabs in it, but I understand that hexi tabs are not allowed on planes?

In which case what can I take instead? Is meths ok? Or could I use wood base firelighters as an alternative to hexi tabs?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
buy it when you arrive is the standard advice on this one, take a meths burner of some description, meths is always really cheap on the continent

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm off to the Austrian alps in a couple of weeks for a bit of camping and walking, using my Bergans Lavvu. I normally us a Honey stove with hexi tabs in it, but I understand that hexi tabs are not allowed on planes?

In which case what can I take instead? Is meths ok? Or could I use wood base firelighters as an alternative to hexi tabs?

As a rule of thumb: you can't take any fuel on board (be it carry-on or checked baggage; see also your airlines terms & conditions of carriage). Get your fuel in the country of your destination.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE