What Pans?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Green Dweller Beloved

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2007
Hampshire
Now, teflon coated cookware might be a different matter - than can give off toxic fumes at high temperatures. Whether you can achieve high enough temperatures on a camp fire, and whether the fumes would be dense enough to cause illness (or death) might be debatable, but teflon (PTFE) can definitely give off extremely poisonous fumes if heated enough.

Really? Has anyone else heard this or does anyone currently use PTFE on fire?
I was thinking of getting a Crusander mug with cooker from eBay, but it's PTFE coated and I'm not sure now.

Cheers
GDB

david1317

Feb 2, 2007
glasgow
hi GDB iv heard that the ptfe coating comes of easily i have a stainless steal one and am very happy with it you can get a plastic lid for them now i got one off ebay cost about £2 speeds up the boil time a bit it has a small hole at one side so you can drink from the mug with the lid on

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Really? Has anyone else heard this or does anyone currently use PTFE on fire?
I was thinking of getting a Crusander mug with cooker from eBay, but it's PTFE coated and I'm not sure now.

Cheers
GDB

Well, I use my PTFE Crusader on the fire... And I don't seem to have died yet. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE