What not to do

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
well I didnt expect it to blow apart so dramatically, but even a kid could have realised ThAT much petrol and that short a distance from lighting would be trouble.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Two sweet video clips!
In the first I love the idea of beans being light weight!, the opener! the maiming of the tree when he had already shown how to get the tinder without harm!
As he states - it is "beginners Bushcraft....

Aug 7, 2008
peterborough
damm scarey,and the birch never did any one any harm lol
or was athat bitch,lol
a good signal fire though,
i used to peel some bark off with me bare hands and ,keep it in a pocket for a bit,
the top stuff burns best,
if in doubt dont burn out,

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
I really really hate seeing the scars and damage left by idiots who cut through the layers of bark on birches.

If it's possible to make it worse, the numpty then uses peeled bark in his fire, not the full thickness bark.

Lock him away.

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
Thank god its beginers Bushcraft and not beginers survival skills. Another example of the 'short arms' reading a book or watching the telly and trying to teach it to others. What a twerp, there must be some law about delibertly damaging trees ( probably without the land owners consent) He needs to do some time and practice the skills and get a haircut.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The kid in the first vid is desperately trying to be Ray, at least he is sensible(except the birch tree bit)The guy in the 2nd is just a **** ****.

Steady on with the expletives hog, this is a family friendly site afterall ;)

Apac

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2007
Hull, uk
i just found it amusing that he had a tin opener and a box of matches haha! i found it hard to watch tbh..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE