what make is this knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
hi all,
whilst browsing t'internet quite a few months ago i came across a knife being sold that was the sheath knife in lofty wisemans sas survival handbook.
unfortunately i lost all my favourites when i had to reinstall my profile due to a virus and i have had no luck in finding this knife!
i have checked the BKCG website and heinnies with no luck whatsoever, and everytime i do a google check it comes up with that bloody great big parang thing that lofty wiseman had designed.
does anyone on here know of this sheath knife and where to find it?

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
duh! sorry brain not in gear lol
DSC00096.jpg

there you go.

Jacknife

Forager
Aug 27, 2005
Somerset
Smith and Wesson

images

http://www.jaysknives.com/smithwesson.htm

RARE Old Discontinued SMITH & WESSON Knife "SURVIVAL KNIFE"
Proudly Made in The U.S.A.
Order #SW6030

Smith & Wesson Custom knives of "bench quality". This is one of the very first "Survival Hunting Knives" Smith & Wesson made back in the 1970's. Designed by Walter "Blackie" Collins. Brass guard. Brass pommel is knurled and unscrews for handle storage. Knife comes with leather sheath and old style blue box. Hard to find early Smith & Wesson knives like this.

Features:
Model #: 6030 S&W Survival
Blade Material: 440C
Handle Material: Wessonwood
Blade Type: Drop Point
Blade Length: 5-1/2"
Overall Length: 10"
Weight: 10.8 oz

Our low internet price only $329.95 Old Discontinued Smith & Wesson Knives

Last edited:

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Mike of mikesknives.co.uk had one for sale a while ago, I believe they were discontinued because the hollow wooden handle was prone to shrinkage and splitting - sweet lookin knife though

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Mike of mikesknives.co.uk had one for sale a while ago, I believe they were discontinued because the hollow wooden handle was prone to shrinkage and splitting - sweet lookin knife though

If you read the book/ the app, it says that
"handle (a) is ideal:a single rounded piece of wood, the knife tang passing through it and fastened at the end".
= Not hollow handle

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I had one of these many many years ago. The handle was hollow IIRC, but the pommel screwed directly to the tang. So you are all right.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Kind of like the cold steel bushman? (but with an actual handle)

In that case wiseman is a fool, because earlier on in the book he smears hollow-handled knives!

Last edited:

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
Kind of like the cold steel bushman? (but with an actual handle)

In that case wiseman is a fool, because earlier on in the book he smears hollow-handled knives!
lol very true, but i think he was on about those nasty 3.99 rambo knives you get from the market! anyways cheers guys, this has now stopped me looking for one and i will concentrate my efforts on obtaining a fallkniven F1 :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE