what kit do you take out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Interesting thread Jason as I fancy doing a little bit more "back to basics" bushcraft.

So Jason, what's in your wallet? :D

Ideally I'd like to get down to just me and what's in my S10 resp bag, that would be cool.

david

Dexter

Forager
Jan 23, 2007
Birmingham, UK
www.th.ph.bham.ac.uk
Shinken said:
Well this is always a compromise between not having a lot to carry and being comfy.

I guess it all depends on certain things like, how much walking your going to do, how skillfull you are at replacing certain things by making them in the wilderness.

Personally i like to take minimum, and add comfort items based on where/what im doing. (sometimes ill take extra just for the fun of it)

I'll second that. Give or take my kit normally includes

Knife
forest axe
sharpening stone (small)
billy can
Millbank bag
Laplander saw
first aid(basic)
hammock
tarp
sleeping bag
spade (for a latrine)
notebook
+ a few luxuries if i'm feeling strong.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
moduser said:
Interesting thread Jason as I fancy doing a little bit more "back to basics" bushcraft.

So Jason, what's in your wallet? :D

Ideally I'd like to get down to just me and what's in my S10 resp bag, that would be cool.

david
pot/ knife /sleeping bag/axe /fist aid kit/phone/brewkit/ and good clothing as for my wallet not a lot :(and a fire steel

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
jason sears said:
pot/ knife /sleeping bag/axe /fist aid kit/phone/brewkit/ and good clothing as for my wallet not a lot :(and a fire steel
Can't see any Indian Sandstone on that list - why is that I wonder? :D

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Generally speaking I take my rucksack with:

Sleeping bag
Bivi bag or hammock
Tarp
Thermarest
Billy can
Mug
Bowl
Spoon
Knife and firesteel
Saw
Axe
First Aid Kit

I also have a few "just in cases" in one pocket, which other than tissues and duct tape have never had to be used, consisting of:
Foil blanket
Water Filter
Tissues
Duct Tape
Mint Cake

Which leave plenty of room for food and water

I'll then bulk it up a bit with stuff to practise/book/luxuaries e.t.c if i've not got far to carry the kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE