What kind of Christmas tree do you have?

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Just trying to see if I can post a photo from photobucket..................should be a photo of the afore mentioned tree ( post # 16)

DSCF7889_zps1fffabc1.jpg

Well what d'ya know.............it actually worked.

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
only just seen this thread, so I'm answering: I have number five: small and potted, you can bring it in for xmas and take it out for the rest of the year, doesn't die (usually), isn't artificial. best of all three versions.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
So would you regard December 21 as the start point of the 12 day period?

Used to do real trees and there is one still alive in the garden ten years on but now, like John, we have an artificial one. I quite like it and with lights on in dim light it looks pretty good. I also like to bring in some cut holly from the garden.

Sorry Gereint, missed this! No, 21st is Yule/Jul and the beginning of the standstill, 25th is the day the sun moves on again and so is sun-return. Don't go astronomical accuracy one me though :D

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I don't have a tree, as I'm living alone, rarely home and spend Christmas with family - so I couldn't be bothered ...

My parents do have a spruce. Back in the days I went on Christmas tree expeds with my dad - good days those were :)

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Here in France the choice is usually between a Nordmann and a plain pine... The Nordmann doesn't drop its needles, but has no smell. The plain pine has a nice smell, but is very prone to dropping all its needles unless you keep a nicely humid atmosphere around it, and so that's what we have, stuck into a half birch log.

This is our first year back in France after seven years in the US, and we're living in a rented house for now, but it's really nice and has a kind of bay window that stays cool so that the tree doesn't dry out too quickly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE