what is your favourite meal to cook at camp?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

youngbushcrafter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Scotland
Probably grilled trout (with no grill) slow cooked and smoked with seasonal berries, or plants like sorrel (came up with it but has anyone else tryed it???) with a cup of good old scots pine needle tea!- for me no bushcraft meal is complete without it!

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Spit roast rabbit can be incredibly nice if done correctly else it just goes dry and really tough, Last night I cooked bacon misshapes over the fire then threw them into my mess tin to simmer with mushrooms and a good dolop of ale (always carry a bottle when camping and not walking too far).

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Went sea fishing for my stag do & we only used half the squid bait - my mate cooked it on the BBQ & it was fantastic...

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Mine is leg of lamb (well, part of a leg) with carrot and parsnip slow roasted in a dutch oven for about 6 hours, served with mint sauce. Lamb is pretty hard to come by over here so it's a treat when we go camping. Yummers :)

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Bacon, egg, sos, mushrooms, blackpud for breakfast . . . .
Any meat cooked over the fire or BBQ for the evening, my order of preference would be lamb, beef, chicken and then pork. . . . I love game birds (oh err) but don't get to eat it nearly as often as I would like.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm torn between menu B and menu F

britishgp2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE