what is your favourite meal to cook at camp?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
i have to say mine would have to be a good old pot of stew, warms my belly up befor I go to sleep in the hammock. my nan used to say "it will put hairs on your chest son & make you grow big and strong" you dont get it when your a kid but she was telling the truth.

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Spag bog....
Had it many times on camp (mainly scouting related) easy to cook and goes down well with most scouts.

Versatile too, meat doesn't have to be beef.....
Had it with lamb... Quorn (about the only edible dish that can be made from quorn) even tried it once with diced rabbit (was very tasty)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm with you on the stew mb, or maybe a curry for a bit of variety

Bacon and sausage sarnies for breaky or choc porridge

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
I just came back from the hunt camp today; a few nights ago we deep-fried a 17 pound wild turkey in 5 gallons of vegetable oil.
It took about an hour and it came out done to perfection. A highly recommended camp meal.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Glamping... Cuban smoked pork with coriander vinaigrette, cooking time 10 hours :)

Roughing... Batchelors pasta 'n' sauce with some chopped chorizo. Happy days!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I have been fortunate , to have partaken in the cuban pork 10 hour extravaganza, courtesy of TBL and its my fav too !

Hangi leg of lamb aint bad either .

And of course all forms of stew/casserole. In particular TBL's mutton cawl .

The above all relate to numbers cooking , but if alone good old fry up. Most forms of bannock.

Deffo not beanfeast ! you will stink the camp out !!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Boerworse either dried or fresh depending on how long I'm out, and either potatoe with chilly sauce or sudsa and chilly sauce(now I've learnt to make it properly) and a tin of chackalaca(my spelling this morning is terrible I think)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Slow cooked Thai style stewed beef served with Noodles and a chilli and lime dipping sauce. Or Potato and green vegetable frittata, with bannock and crispy fried onions. The Thai style stewed beef take 4 hours to cook, but is worth the wait. the Frittata take half an hour max, and is heaven in a frying pan

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Two of mine are Thai Green Curry with Chicken and Prawns with rice or a Goulash with Dumplings. The Goulash is enhanced with a spicy Czech sausage, best I ever tasted, depending if anyone has some at the time at camp.

All made in cast iron Dutch Ovens.

Steve.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I know if your hungry that any food is bliss, but if not does anything put you right off a nice meal?

Mine is carrots in a stew/casserole. Hate them with a passion unless chopped fine enough to not see them!

Love raw or roasted carrots though, weird eh?

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE