What is this???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Don't do this unless you want your full details held on police record.

Just wrap it up and throw it in the bin.

No chav would get it's Burberry dirty rummaging in land fill to find a knife.

I've had a similar situation, found a baggie full of white powder on the bus and decided to be a good citizen and hand it into my local nick, ended up getting questioned, name and address taken and treat like a dealer. All because I didn't want some kid picking it up and getting poisoned. Bend it over in a vice or kill the edge of you want but handing it in might cause problems

That should be an interesting knife to practice sharpening with, due to the re-curved edge. I think it would be worth the effort to put it into shape then use it for some regular tasks, from peeling potatoes to working with wood. I don't believe the knife will become worthwhile, but what you learn from getting it sharp and using it is useful experience.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
If it was mine, and because its such a classic example of 'the wrong knife', I'd take it along on my next trip and see what it could really do when measured against a knife designed for the woods. I've never used anything like this.

Might even make an interesting thread: Using your most ill advised knife purchase make a feather stick, batton a log and carve a spatula.

Anyway, just sayin. Thanks for sharing mate.

You probably can with a piece of sharpened copper pipe.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
This is a food prep knife...Nothing more. It's shaped to be like a bowie, however inox is stainless steel so you won't get far with it for actual bushcraft.

Hmm. Is stainless really unsuitable for bushcraft?

Someone should tell these guys:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134470

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134441

Then back to the topic.
The knife could be a Muela or a Nieto. Lots of these knives are churned out by both Companies.
Wether it is useful or not is up to the user (I find them ugly).

To dispose of it; break the blade in pieces (many of the Spanish knives are quite brittle) or give it to someone else.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I don't like the shape of the knife, but I like the idea of it being tried out for the kind of use that many knives get used for among the forum users. .
there was a recent thread about "Wilson" the chunk of found metal that was not an elegant piece, but worked well.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Rather than speculating on whether it's a functional knife, if it has no value to you, why not put it through some brutal testing... see what it can stand up to and whether it can hold an edge with whatever you throw at it (or whatever you throw it at more to the point)

If it breaks, no big deal... but it might turn out that its not a half bad knife despite the way it looks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE