What is it with Bear Grylls and Pee!?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Rocking the trent or boat, but I respect and like the man and take the programmes as entertainment. More often that not if I want to watch a DVD its his I watch

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Ooh a bear vs ray thread :D. I only have this to add...

tumblr_n6ckm2ITkP1s6ylubo1_1280.jpg

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
So true and so funny... ^^^^^ Bear would use the Coconuts to wedge 550 paracord in between a rock for a 300 foot abseil down a rocky ravine, clenching the 550 between his buttocks as a break, Ray would just fashion a bra out of them. :)

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
:lmao:

thats an awsome pic, love the electric eel......i do feel bear should be wringing the urine out of the badger rather than trying to sleep in it though :D

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'd be more worried that it appears to have been snowing in Ray's Funland!

What would a macaw be doing around snow? Or a coconut and palm tree for that matter!

There are just too many inaccuracies in that cartoon depiction for me to overlook, I therefore refuse to find it amusing in any way until I look at Bear in a badger :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I think Ray is on a white sandy beach on a tropical island not snow :rolleyes:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Mr frills is on quest+1 as we speak. In Scotland showing you how not to set a snare (open ground with evidence of deer, and nowhere near a run) and how to dispatch a rabbit inhumanely with a karate chop. I suppose good he gets people interested in the outdoors, but his methods are questionable at best. On a lighter note he also said "I hope this holds" while getting across a fallen pine that was around 2 feet thick :lmao:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You don't think Ray Mears doesn't do that as well? I met somebody who was part of the crew on the programme Mears did about the WW2 Norwegian Saboteurs..He claimed the RM' s who played the saboteurs stayed on set most of the time, where as Mears only appeared when and as needed for filming. Even when onset, he apparently sent most of his time on a sat phone organising other business..

I have no idea how true this is, but it would not surprise me..Its probably down to the reality of filming a TV show in a cost effective and safe manner more than a refection of Mears or Grylls for that matter....

More Ray bashing based on speculation :rolleyes:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I didn't read that as "ray bashing" tbh......just that he's a busy bloke at work. strikes me he'd rather be messing about in the snow than organising his courses, interviews, stock take, or whatever over the phone

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I think Ray is on a white sandy beach on a tropical island not snow :rolleyes:

No, no, no... it can't be... it has to be snow! I agree that the logical answer would be a white sandy beach, but then my argument regarding the macaw wouldn't hold water... so it has to be snow!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
No, no, no... it can't be... it has to be snow! I agree that the logical answer would be a white sandy beach, but then my argument regarding the macaw wouldn't hold water... so it has to be snow!

What about the non conductivity of the bamboo supposedly taking the electricity from the eel to the motor in the dodgem car eh!......he just hasnt thought it through has he.....ray mears. a sham and a fraud....cant even build a bushcraft dodgem car :rolleyes: :D

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
In fact i think the whole picture is a sham, i see no evidence of how that bamboo dodgem is lashed together, the only plausible thing in it is Bear avoiding dying of hypothermia by warming his feet inside the dead badger even though he thought they smelt bad on the outside

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
it did take an artificial reality in the construct of a cartoon for that to happen though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE