What have you forraged lately?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beech

Jun 23, 2015
surrey
Cep, blackberries and elderberries for liqueur,cramp balls, acorns for coffee, red clover for a friend's roseciea, wild strawberries, raspberries, plums, crab apples and I'm eyeing up some sloes so will get those when they ripen.
Was hoping for some quinces again this year but alas, someone's had it cut down.

Manzanita Punch!

Manzanita (Arctostaphylos sp.) provides wonderful berries to make a refreshing cider. It is a seasonal treat.

Native Californians used the drink to stimulate appetite. Manzanita berries are green when they form and begin to ripen in July. Their flesh is rich in vitamin C, potassium, and carbohydrates.

The stone in the center of the berry contains hydrocyanic acid (HCN). So you have to process the berries to use them safely.

Here's more information and a step-by-step that I use to make the punch.

http://www.natureoutside.com/how-to-make-manzanita-punch/

- Woodsorrel

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sloes, endless blackberries (2 gallons of wine and 2 bottles of Vodka on the go plus Bramble Jelly and a full freezer...) Hazel nuts and Acorns for planting for a tree nursery (plus eating the Hazels :) )Hazel poles for walking sticks/craft work
Looking for more Acorns for coffee...

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Sloes, sloes and more sloes. They are already soft and came off the branch easily, so i dont think i will bother to freeze them before putting them into some gin :). Looking forward to the Festival Of The Merchants when it will be just about ready......:)))

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE