what have you been up to ?

Wow I am seriously impressed, very very beautifull work
Well here you go. Apologies for the pictures but they were taken in a bit of a rush

First the belt quiver and the back quiver

project1.jpg

Now Bow tip protector at top, bracer in the middle and string keeper at the bottom
project2.jpg

And the journal with built in pen keeper. For scale the pen is a full sized fountain pen.
project3.jpg

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Not much shop time since Yule - been a bit busy :rolleyes:

Made this one evening, after I broke the pocket clip on my UKPK:

(Click the pic to see it full size)

Made from the untidy bits around the edge of a half-hide :) Ball chain from an old site ID badge holder.
Pattern by stamp from Kerne :You_Rock_

Nice work - I love to see what people get up to with the stamps.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Well here you go. Apologies for the pictures but they were taken in a bit of a rush

First the belt quiver and the back quiver

project1.jpg

Now Bow tip protector at top, bracer in the middle and string keeper at the bottom
project2.jpg

And the journal with built in pen keeper. For scale the pen is a full sized fountain pen.
project3.jpg

This is gorgeous work!

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Wow, there are some busy people on here. Nice stuff everyone.

I finished a late christmas present this week. This was for one of my Scouting colleagues. Everything done in 0.3mm 9ct gold wire, stone is Tiger Eye.

overall.jpg

overall.jpg

Closure hook;

hookdetail.jpg

Pendant;

stonedetail.jpg

The chain took about a two minutes per millimetre so it took me far longer than I had allowed for, hence the delay.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
That looks fantastic, should I ask how you made it what knots/pattern etc

Wow, there are some busy people on here. Nice stuff everyone.

I finished a late christmas present this week. This was for one of my Scouting colleagues. Everything done in 0.3mm 9ct gold wire, stone is Tiger Eye.

overall.jpg

overall.jpg

Closure hook;

hookdetail.jpg

Pendant;

stonedetail.jpg

The chain took about a two minutes per millimetre so it took me far longer than I had allowed for, hence the delay.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Thanks. :)

The chain is made with this technique: Woven Wire Trinochopoly Arm Ring it may look hideously complicated but once you have a bit of wire in hand and try following it, everything starts to make sense! I wont try explaining the pattern as that page does a much better job than I could manage.

The pendant and hoop part of the closure are two interlocking turks heads. I made the pendant turks head a little larger than the stone, then eased out each bight a little at a time until the stone was trapped in the middle. No glue involved! The hoop turks head was tied through the 'start' end of the chain.

For the closure hook I left the last three bights of the chain long and tucked the end back into the chain. Then three bights were tied together as a simple plait, the ends bent over the hold it together and add a bit of a lump, then the plait was bent into a hook shape.

Briefly!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just finished a bramble basket...well I say basket...it is just recognisable as one - and it works like one...but you are getting NO photos as it would cause death by laughter amongst decent basket makers.
A steep learning curve in bramble selection and quantity survaying of brambles for basketry.....

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I've just made myself a pair of chaps for the bike. At last some that fit properly. In Black synthetic from DunElms with snap poppers on the tops. Work for me and cost £13 for materials with shed loads left over to make some bags. Took me about an hour to make including the hand sewing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE