What happens at a meetup?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
Hello Brainflex

I've been to one meetup and I spent a lot of the time looking at the sky.
Well with Four kids you don't get much time for introspection.
It was the most relaxing weekend i've ever spent and I woul shighly recommend it.
By the way where is your wood and can I come?

:pack: :biggthump

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
Yep

Used and been under them myself, many times - if only you knew, just think that one version wasn't up to much ,that's all.

Gary, also used them in the summer - for shade on hot days :wave:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
chris said:
Yep

Used and been under them myself, many times - if only you knew, just think that one version wasn't up to much ,that's all.

Gary, also used them in the summer - for shade on hot days :wave:

Courses for horses Chris, it did what we wanted it to do in some pretty crappy weather so you cant ask for more.

Having the chute up that way worked when I was on woodlores team and it works for me now with no complaints from those present. Still next time we have a meet up your welcome to come and show us how it should be done if you want - I'm always open to new ideas.

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
Love to - probably get wrapped up in it and buried in deepest darkest Ashdown though, now I've opened my big mouth. :eek:):

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
chris said:
Love to - probably get wrapped up in it and buried in deepest darkest Ashdown though, now I've opened my big mouth. :eek:):

Na, we'd just make you share a basha with Andy - that would be far worse!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Adi007 said:
I think that by looking at all the photos in the gallery that the most accurate answer to the question "What happens at a meetup?" is that people make a LOT of wood chips from carving! :eek:):

Adi - The shavings were brilliant and I have stocked up quite well for tinder... seems like everyone was more than happy to provide it for me :wink:

Yes, bumping into bambodoggy was very strange... tiny little world. At least he wasn't wearing shorts :nana:

p.s. who is "dear doreen"? is this member someone's idea of funny?

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
greg2935 said:
I guess a meetup is what you want it to be, and if you own the wood, you make the rules!

I can only comment about that happened in the Devon meet, I think everyone at the meet were a little apprehensive initially, I also think we had very little in common other than bushcraft, but as we talked I think we found common ground, and all went away with the feeling that we had met people we could get on with. Everyone seemed enthusiastic over the suggestion of making this a semi-regular event and we will probably have a few walk-a-bouts on the moor sometime. I personally learned a massive amount for such a few short hours and hope to learn a lot from these guys in the future, I certainly have a new found respect for them. What actually happened was we initially discussed the kit we had, that led to disagreements and differing opinions over kit uses etc, it went on from there, carrying a little kit with you certainly got the ball rolling. We spent the time swapping information, talking about bushcraft in general, the forum in particular. Even a little philosophy.

I would suggest that you make the initial meet up relatively short, you are all strangers and people need time to get to know each other, also meet in a public place, this is safer for all concerned (even if you look like Arnie!). Why dont you meet in town for a few drinks first, you dont have to go to a pub, (although it helps to break the ice), you could meet on a Saturday morning or so, that way you make sure you can get on with them before you invite everyone round to your woods.

Greg

Can only 100% agree with what Greg said.

MAL

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Brainflex, I'm going to have a bit of a get together down the road from you so it might be best to come along to that, meet a few people and take it from there. There's a few near us, MadDave, BigJack, Alick etc, have a look at the map. I'd imagine it would be in a couple of weekends time as I have to invite everyone.

I'll keep you posted :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE