What happens at a meetup?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
bambodoggy said:
:rolmao: Unlike mine.....which is more like a ladel and won't fit properly in my big mouth!!!! lol :eek:):

You could give it to Doreen - then it would! :nana:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I think that by looking at all the photos in the gallery that the most accurate answer to the question "What happens at a meetup?" is that people make a LOT of wood chips from carving! :eek:):

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Adi007 said:
I think that by looking at all the photos in the gallery that the most accurate answer to the question "What happens at a meetup?" is that people make a LOT of wood chips from carving! :eek:):

Thats probably the most accurate ANSWER Adi - wont mention who but at least one person spent the whole weekend sharpening his armoury and then making nothing but tooth picks!

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Gary, the guy on the left was walkabout i think, not bushwalker :?:

I escaped any pictures of my hasselhof hair!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Jake Rollnick said:

Well I was half right - thanks Jake (smart bottom) :nana: - and sorry Walkabout!

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Jake Rollnick said:

Yep...it was "Walkabout"..... it's hardwork remembering two names for everyone though!!!!

Hey....just bumped into Squidders outside Focus DIY in West Drayton (well Yiewsley really).....he was looking for a chain and I work next door to there and was heading out for a spot of lunch :eek:):

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Jake Rollnick said:
That looks like a mullet poking out from the back of your hat to me !!

Jakesmullet1.jpg

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
bambodoggy said:
Yep...it was "Walkabout"..... it's hardwork remembering two names for everyone though!!!!

Hey....just bumped into Squidders outside Focus DIY in West Drayton (well Yiewsley really).....he was looking for a chain and I work next door to there and was heading out for a spot of lunch :eek:):
:shock: :chill: small world eh, just think if you hadn't have come this weekend you would never had known :p

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Paganwolf said:
:shock: :chill: small world eh, just think if you hadn't have come this weekend you would never had known :p

REASON NOT TO HAVE COME IF YOU ASK ME!! :nana:

P

paul thomas

Had a great weekend thank to Gary and John Paul and all the rest.And what is wrong with toothpicks they are the only thing I can make.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
paul thomas said:
Had a great weekend thank to Gary and John Paul and all the rest.And what is wrong with toothpicks they are the only thing I can make.

Paul - if your were happy thats all that matters mate!! :biggthump

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Gary said:
Well I was half right - thanks Jake (smart bottom) :nana: - and sorry Walkabout!
:nana:

Shinobi said:
That looks like a mullet poking out from the back of your hat to me !!

Hasselhof! Don't i remind you of night-rider?

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
Cheers guys,

with due respect, it looks like it would not do much to stop people getting wet but I now understand Jakes reason, cheers :wave:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
chris said:
Cheers guys,

with due respect, it looks like it would not do much to stop people getting wet but I now understand Jakes reason, cheers :wave:

I've had a chute up for 3 months now and it's stayed nice and dry in there even when it's poured down, the odd drip gets through and if you touch the fabric it can encourage more water ingress but on the whole they're fantastic in bad weather..... :biggthump

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
chris said:
Cheers guys,

So it was to stop us getting wet in our communial area :wink: ive been under these things in some pretty nasty weather and as Tony says you get a few drips but nothing serious, If it didnt hold the rain off it would hardly be worth putting it up over the communial area would it :?: :nono: :lol:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
And if the weather got worse we could drop the sides and make an enclosed tepee - but open like that it still creates a envelope of warmed air which kept it comfortable yet still allowed smoke ect to escape.

In the summer you'd not need one - but even then it does have the advantage of form the communal area as suggested and as such lends itself well to a group feeling of community.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE