What happened to the members list?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I use the members list to grab folks details for PMs, has it been moved/removed or am I just being blind?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I closed it down as it helps keep the forums up to speed, the busier the site gets the more requests to the server and the member list takes a lot of juice. I appreciate that there's a few people use it but it's used mostly by non members, visitors etc.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Could we have it back as a FM privilege Tony? It'd cut down on the requests from guest users etc, if it's still hammering the server over a trial period then take it away for good.

Is it possible within the software to allow FM profiles only to see the list?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yeah, I closed it down as it helps keep the forums up to speed, the busier the site gets the more requests to the server and the member list takes a lot of juice. I appreciate that there's a few people use it but it's used mostly by non members, visitors etc.

Ahhh that would explain why I couldn't find it. Thought I was going mad as well when I went looking for it and I couldn't see it :rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
After Wanderinstar commented on it's disappearance a couple of weeks ago I scoured the forums looking for it too :eek:
Finally asked the Boss :)

I've highlighted this thread in the Mods so that I know Admin will see it. I don't know if it can be done, but for those of us who use the forum frequently it was very useful.

cheers,
M

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I don't think you can have this selected by usergroup, it's all or nothing. I can't see a way of allowing a usergroup access on an individual basis, I'll enquire further if it's possible but i've just spent 20 odd minutes on it and come up with nought.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE