What hammock???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ledders666

Jun 6, 2010
bath
Im after a hammock for the next adventure Im doing, which is cycling the tree peaks.
I would like a hommock which is light weight, and can be used with my thermarest, so double skinned?

What options are there that people recommend?

I haven't really set a budget as long as its worth it, but if a cheap one will do then thats good.

Thanks

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Biased as received 'new' hammock courtesy of BigMonster just today. But it was darn comfy for my mid afternoon snooze! ( its a Woodland X )

Would get my vote over the Snug Pak and Hennesey that I have. Will decide in the morning ( yep - saddo me sleeping in new hammock tonight ) if it aces my previous favourite which was a group buy Nomad from BCUK many, many years ago.

Heard good things about 10 W hammocks, but not tried them.

Everyone is slightly different, not always easy to do but would heartily recommend trying as many as you can to see what you prefer.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
If your going up to the scotty land you will need a bug net, the midges up there will eat you alive, I have a DD travel hammock, it comes with a sewn in bug net and a compartment at the bottom for a thermarest type matt, exped 7 are very good but expensive, you can also use the as a bivvi bag for ground dwelling, if no trees around
If you pop over here https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forum.php you will find a wealth of help.
Good luck with your challenge.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Something else to consider.....the view.....
How important is it to YOU ?
I had a woodsman x ....the only reason I went back to the dd , was for the view . I like to be able to use my hammock without a tarp or with the tarp on on side.

If your surrounded by beautiful views...and an area full of wildlife.......why be hampered by a hammock that prevents you seeing left and right ?
Just my take on it 😉

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Another vote here for the tenthwonder hornet. I saw Colin's (crosslandkelly)last year and bought one, another chap also bought one over the dd ones as the build quality was Iin his opinion was better.

Blencathra

Dec 12, 2005
North Yorkshire, UK
The 3 Peaks area is spotted with woodland areas, but may not have access to many of them...........Consider you may be ground dwelling, or consider taking some climbing hardware (rock nuts and slings) to use the natural landscape to hang from........always fancied hanging from limestone paving........

Im after a hammock for the next adventure Im doing, which is cycling the tree peaks.
I would like a hommock which is light weight, and can be used with my thermarest, so double skinned?

What options are there that people recommend?

I haven't really set a budget as long as its worth it, but if a cheap one will do then thats good.

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE