What dog do you have? or use for bushcrafting buddy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
As title says, what have you got?

I have a 5 yr old border terrier called Sadie, bloody mental. Currently looking for another breed to go with her.

harrisp

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2011
Alfreton, Derbyshire
6 month old collie, loves camping and has spent nearly everyday since he was 9 weeks old outside at our stables and down our fields so he is a proper outdoor dog.

extremeds

Aug 8, 2010
essex
ive got a whippet cross staff, unfortunatly all the whippet comes out in a woodland setting! the paw comes up like pluto's at the first sniff of a squirrel and then shes gone!!!! wish she was better behaved as she is great company but useless as a bushcraft friend!!!

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
I,ve a pampered staffie, really like the wee borders though. Get another border as they are a proud wee dog, they will either have the wee man syndrom and have a go if the dog is bigger and bossy if the other dog is smaller.The border terriers a lion pride dog, it is bravest when amongst their equals.

phil

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
My border will chase anything and usually when you dont want her to. Cats, hedgehogs, squizzers, wabbits, birds, spiders, flys... you name it she will chase it.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i have 3 staffords the taller type 4.5 year old called kye great with all animals,misty 4.5 years old very animal aggresive and poppy my red 15 month staffy very animal aggresive...only dog that goes out with me is kye other two are for rabbits..lol

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
This is my pooch "Frodo" . He's a "Golden Newfie" (golden labrador/newfoundland cross)

2pyzsr8.jpg

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
This is my pooch "Frodo" . He's a "Golden Newfie" (golden labrador/newfoundland cross)

Not fond of the water, then? :D

This is my amphibious stinkhound:

DSC_1811.jpg

He's apparently a working cocker, if "working" means running about at full pelt for hours on end. Sometimes reacts to the name Jarvis but has selective deafness

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have 3 dogs, a bull mastiff rottie mix, called kgosi, a red staffy called Loki, and a American staffy, called junior, and love them all very much, but the one that comes with me ever where i go is my bullmastiff rottie mix, great with other animals, great with other dogs, not so good with people, he is ok with some, but some people he just takes an instant dislike to, he is a very good judge of character, and has learnt me a lot about people, some people i have met and thought, he was a nice guy, but the dog has showed me different the next time we met, and the dog was with me.
take care.
lee.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
I have a boxer named "Nessa". Completely stupid. She's been camping with us a few times, but she seems to go mental every time somebody leaves the tent/camp, and barks the place down.

She also has an unhealthy obsession with Hedgehogs. She started barking in the garden last night, so I went to investigate with a torch and found her running around, circling a hedgehog in the garden. She evaded my efforts at capture for a good ten minutes, and barked the whole time. She's great fun, but a complete no-hoper when it comes to bushcraft.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Here's the lads...........

001-17.jpg

Brock, the border is almost 4, Loki (snap with Lee's dog) is 17 months. He was re-homed by us in January, yet another rottie whose name we have had to change. It wasn't very original and did nothing at all to promote the breed in a positive way. Very much a teenager at the moment but he's way better than when we got him, one hell of a nose and is faster in a straight line than the collie!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
yes i also chose kgosi name as the rottie bullmastiff i got from a rescue centre when he was 3 months old, and people tend to pick bruiser or some other mads names for these types of breeds, and strait of the bat the dog is going to have a hard time before he has even stepped out the door.
kgosi is south african for trible leader.
oh yeh the rottie you have is one dog mate, what a cracker.

Last edited:

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
12 year old Patterdale ,she still thinks she is a puppy until the play stops then she can hardly walk with artheritis , bit like me realy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE