what does it all mean???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nichola

Jul 17, 2007
Hi everyone.
I've been a member of BCUK for about 3 months now. I've noticed that under certain peoples names and picture is a title for example: native and settler. What does this mean? Is it a full member thing?
Also, i've got my little pic up on my profile and i can see it when i log in, but when i post onto the forum it doesn't show? Is this a full member thing as well?

I'm not the worlds greatest computer wiz so i may be missing something basic in my set up. If it's anything technical, please go easy on me!!!
Many thanks,
Nichola

PS: Bought my first tarp today. Can't wait to try it out. I'm like a kid at christmas!!!!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Nichola,
The names below are an indicator of the amount of posts that you've submitted:

Member = 1 post

then you become a Tenderfoot @ 50 posts

a Forager @ 100 posts

a Nomad @ 250 posts

a Settler @ 500 posts

and finally a Native @ 1000 posts.

Sorry, no idea about your avatar though.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Hi Girls! - I'm sure there is a thread around somewhere that gives chapter and verse - I'll have a look in a mo but in essence the bits under your name is related to how many posts you have made.

Re the piccie by the side of your post... that is your avatar and you can set it in your User CP

hope that helps

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi Nichola,
the titles under a users name are, like you've guessed, "member" - if you've joined the forum and "full member" - if you've paid an annual fee (you get a bit more information and a "Full Members" section if you do take this route - occasionally discounts at some outdoor stores too).
The "Native, Settler" bit are to do with how many posts you've made, though I don't know the numbers involved.
The little picture is an avatar, but mine has been up for so long I've forgotten how I got it there in the first place - something to do with the "UserCP" on the title banner - have a play and see what happens.
As to not being the worlds greastest computer whizz, join the club, my reason for using a PC is because my handwriting is so awfull!

ATB

Ogri the trog

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
lol - me too!

Sally - does your avatar show up in your current avatar section? - it could be that it is too big (either in pixel or bytes)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
welcome Sally! :D

- I for one will bravely 'put up' with your mugshot! ;) (please feel theres no rush to change it on my count! :eek: )

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sally..
I am a 50 year old happilly married (27 years), overweight man.
The idea of mud covered pre-Raphalite beauties covered in mud is not good for my blood pressure.
Please continue using your current avatar!:lmao:

Nichola

Jul 17, 2007
Hi everyone! Thanks so much to everyone for their reply. I've now got my avitar working!! Hurray!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE