What do you think of this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What do you think of this knife?

• pile of crap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not bad

• useful

• good

• very good

• better than devilled kidneys

• Total voters

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Take a look at these two pictures:

dsc0005_small.png

dsc0006_small.png

Keith.

P.S.
bigger versions are here (for those of you with broadband)
http://perso.club-internet.fr/klrhodes/images/PecosCaper/dsc0005.png
http://perso.club-internet.fr/klrhodes/images/PecosCaper/dsc0006.png

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Giancarlo said:
depends....
did you make it yourself, or did you buy it retail? :)

I bought the blade, and made it up into a knife myself.
Black vulcanised fibre spacers, curly birch from Brisa, home made mosaic pins.

But if I'd bought it retail, and somebody else had done all that, what difference would it have made?

K.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
depends ... :-D
Visually, it's beautiful ... the slabs and the mosaic pins are truly a work of art. The blade seems to be finished to a high degree ... nice, very nice
However, the handle looks like it could be uncomfortable to me, especially at the front end under heavy use ... the square profile looks blister inducing ...

So, really, it depends ... but if it's comfortable for you then that's what matters! Unless it's a visual piece, in which case it's amazing!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I think its a very nice shape and design however I would prefure the handle to be rounded off more, its likley to give you blisters being that square

Apart from that........ Excellent well done :ekt:

larry the spark

Forager
Dec 16, 2003
Belfast
Same comments as above really.... love the look of it and the pins really set the curly grain off. Maybe a bit of rounding off on the handle would've swung it but otherwise....Top Job! :biggthump

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Keith,

I like it but my first reaction was that you hadn't finished shaping the handle yet!

Those are probably some of the nicest mosaic pins I've seen. What are they made with? 4 large outer tubes with a small center one? It gives the look that it's a small piece of celtic knotwork.

Also, having the 2 small pins in the middle handle is a nice touch too. Slightly different from the norm of just having the 2 big pins and a thong hole.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Lovely bit of work, But I too would round off the handle. The MOD survival knife has less aggressive edges than the above and I had blisters from using that till I filed it down. Depends if it's gonna be a workhorse or a drawer queen... Well done though :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE