What do you mount in your trangia?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I like meths but last year climbing in spain it Was both expensive and a huge waste of time trying to track it down. Basically all we could get was isopropanol from the pharmacy. It burnt fine over there but was not that cheap and it ment an hour round trip to the nearest bigger town then 2 hours tracking down and checking hardware stores who had never heard of alcohol de quemar. I would always prefer to take my msr dragonfly on these trips as there are a few of us and would mean we would only need one stove and make gormet cooking easier but stupid airline rules / blatant theift of property by baggage checkers makes this impossible.

You can take the MSR in your hand baggage if it's empty.

bushytoo

Forager
Feb 15, 2012
london
In France I buy "alcool à brûler" (literally "alcohol to burn").

It's reasonably priced in any supermarket at about 1 Euro 60c per litre, it's clean, and it smells a lot nicer than the UK 'meths'. It's available usually in one litre and often in five litre containers. Most of the time I have a couple of gallons in the shed.
Nice one, I'll be on the look out for that.

bushytoo

Forager
Feb 15, 2012
london
An update: I found it very easy to get alcool à brûler in France. I usually get mine in Franprix or Carrefour. Now I'm in Spain, I looked in Dia and Mercadona for alcohol de quemar, no dice, however Mercadona do sell Alcohol de lempieza, which means alcohol for cleaning so I will be getting that. It costs 1.65 euros.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE