what did everyone think then?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
You can really see that he has such a passion for bushcraft and totally respects native peoples and bushman when he is on the verge of tears after seeing they give their appreciation. A brilliant programme that really delved into bushcraft. 10/10 ! Well done!

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Top stuff,second best episode so far in my opinion.The best being the first programme.Have to say,watching tonights show really made me want to visit Africa some day.

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
Another excellant programme - well done Ray Mears

Was that an advertisement for knock out whiskey - what a plug :eek:):

Chris :biggthump

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I personally thought that tonights program (In Africa) was brilliant... I may never visit there and there wasn't a lot in the way of technical knowledge but I thought about my facial expression and found I was grinning from ear to ear for an hour solid.

Inspirational stuff.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Only the second one I've seen.
Wasn't as good as the first.
First wasn't great.

Were this not the last day before pay day I'd be in the pub.
I wouldn't be missing much.

I'm sorry, and I understand the "wider audience" argument, but it's not a "Bushcraft" show. It's a natural history proggy or a travelog as already stated. A bit like Michael Palin's magnum opa(?).

None the worse for it, if that's what you're after and I'm sure it'll make a great coffee table book.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I thought the littlest lad was the funkiest berimbau player :cool:

Knockout whisky seems like "pokey old tackle" dont it! :naughty:

Glad I watched tonite, I almost didnt bother after last weeks episode.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Whisky mac needs two ingrediants whisky and green ginger wine in equal portions - KO would be ok but where would be get the green ginger wine??

Tonights programme was an improvement on the last few but I am still inclined to agree with Jamies synopsis.

Zacary

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2004
I agree bushcraft in name - one interesting point my wife raised was that in the clips shown from his old series which he showed to the Hadsa he and they were doing the same things as in this series.

I don't want to sound down on the guy but how many times can you show the same thing?

I have to say he did seem genuinely moved though so I salute him for that. :biggthump

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
yes i just spoke to a pal on the phone he mentioned the same thing as your wife also i thought hecould have showed a little more of the bushcraft the native people used and he said "but how many of his shows show you just that?" i suppose thats true but every ones perseption is different :?: great insight into African bush life and traditon and culture but lacked the true bush hunters life surviving and overcoming mother natures trials :?: only IMO :wink:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Touched, moved and inspired.

That was the best i have seen. but i think that kind of area has personal connections with me. Almost identical to many places i have been, and again, Ray was absolutely brilliant with those people. Ans his tears at the end told us much about him as a person.

:biggthump

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Squidders said:
I personally thought that tonights program (In Africa) was brilliant... I may never visit there and there wasn't a lot in the way of technical knowledge but I thought about my facial expression and found I was grinning from ear to ear for an hour solid.

Inspirational stuff.

I agree totally Joe. It might not be the technical programe we wanted but it is the best thing on TV at the moment. Ray is famous enough to be able to do the programe he wants now and he seems to be enjoying it even if some of you are not.

Roll on the next series in the spring.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE