What bushy pressies did you get ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
I got a Snug Pak Respnse Pack and a Nite Ize flashlight sheath, it's quite cool as it'll hold my Surefire outdoorsman but will also hold a 2aa maglite and a d cell maglite.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I got mainly power tool this year and although not directly bushy watch this space for the things I attempt to make this coming year.
I also got some leather working tools, she bought me them about June and put them away for me without me knowing, devious things these women you know. :confused:

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I did well for bushy stuff.
UCO 9 Hour Candle and Top refelctor from my Mum
Honey Stove from my Dad
Mora 120 Wood carving Knife, Mora 164 Crook knife and the book Little Book of Whittling by Chris Lubkemann
EXPED Waterproof Drybag Multi XLarge (22 Litre) from my wife

So well happy with all that, already cut myself with the carving knife :( and could not get the Honey Stove lit either. Well diging around 2 inches of snow to find dry tinder was a lost cause really.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
my wife realy spoiled me this year
she got me a weekend bushcraft experiance at woodland ways, a swiss army knife ,trail walking hand book by clive tully and a vango adventure tarp.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
SWMBO got me amongst other things a new Mini UCO candle lantern (wow is it light) and a brand new jumper from Woolovers, 100% wool with suede patches on the shoulders and elbows, boy is it warm!
bought myself a new cookset, Honey stove and 12cm zebra, looking forward to a spot of LWIF pea and ham soup and a cuppa on it monday/tuesday when i go for a walk :D

bivibabe

May 5, 2009
loch eck argyll
I got well spoiled this year, must of been a very good girl :D I got a down mat, bag, jacket and gilet, some ti-stuff , thermals, bit n bobs and my dinner made for me, braw :)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I got a Brghaus flask with a wee folding spoon in the lid and a nice craghoppers mid layer fleece

I got my son a Pyrography machine Theres a smell of burning wood through the house and I am eying up my possibles pouch and belt with a view to adding the smell of burning leather but as I am enjoying some co op strong bitter as recommended by addo that had best be postponed

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
A couple of British Army fleeces - I have several already, but these are great jackets and cost next to nothing

1/4 of a ton of New Forest charcoal, which comes from renewable forestry. It's all I use for forging Damascus because it burns so hot and clean.

A couple of Osage Orange bow staves.

Some A2 carbon tool steel which I will soon be forging knives from.

Some stainless and pure silver bar and rod for knife guards and pins.

A couple of Billy cans.

OK, so I bought most of the above myself in advance of Christmas but Charlotte, my three year old daughter, had asked me what I wanted for Christmas a while ago and didn't bat an eye when I asked for some longbow staves. I sourced and ordered them, but she tied the decorative ribbon bow onto the end of them and wished me Happy Christmas this morning, pointing importantly to the Osage :)

She's been asking all day whether I will be making a new bow for her as well as for me, to replace the Yew one she currently uses.

:)

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
PC030558.jpg

Gorgeous wee dog, you're a lucky man!

I got a some winter Kiwi trousers, a Gerber ceramic sharpener, some fabulous socks, and a completely lethal looking Tusa dive knife for my spearfishing exploits. All in all, really quite chuffed.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I got an Mkettle and a nice Regatta fleece. With the money I got I hope to get a sleeping bag and a new knife.

I'm looking forward to trying both out on our boxing day walk tomorrow.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
i got some canadian ice/snow boots that are awesome, and found my mother in law had collected me the entire david attenborough life series and all the pictures that were free in the newspaper which i thought was nice,as i ment to collect them myself but forgot.
cheers merry xmas to you all ash

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
From my wife.
Bushcooker, large 4litre cooking pot, Maxp monsoon gearslinger, light my fire titanium spork and spice pot, KM matchsafe.
Solar charger for my phone, Food vacume packer for camping food (no more heavy tins to carry home!)
From myself.
GB british pattern tomahawk, Blind Horse Dave Cantabry pathfinder knife (got to wait a few weeks for that)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE