What Bushcrafty thing could I get from the caribbean

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomad666

Nov 6, 2015
BC Canada
I have a friend that is going on a cruise to the caribbean is their something interesting they could pick up thats bushcrafty I am just looking for some ideas besides a fridge magnet...

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
A fine Caribbean lass!.....wild camping is best with a wild woman! or any fine lass for that matter!(cue the music of tight fit the lion sleeps tonight)

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
What do you want?
:)

Rum is good. I would recommend a local one, not those blended multi country rums.
Hot sauces. A million times better than the Louisiana style sauces.
( I was a huge lover of those, but discovered the caribbean sauces when Imoved here)
First one to enjoy sitting around the fire. Second one, on the food.

Commercially available machetes (Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman) are made in South America.
Those I have seen in Cuba are local, but questionable steel.

Not much bushcrafting done in this region.
On Cayman there is a local custom to spend the Easter holliday camping on the beaches.
Which means generators, oil drum or XL gas grills, coolers, large tents, camping beds.

Last edited:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Ask him.
The culture on the various islands is hugely diverse, it depends on which country in Europe was ‘the Boss’, and which countries or areas in the world the population originated from.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Just some examples: the Trinis are basically Indian, so you get Indian inspired stuff, saris and such.

Haiti on Hispaniola is African with a French flavouring. Dom Rep on the same island is Spanish with an African flavour.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE