What are your favourite makes of outdoor clothing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
ive acquired loads of Craghoppers stuff but I'd love to be able to afford Patagonia.

V4V

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2009
Yorkshire
www.r4nger5.com
I'd have to go with surplus, and a new company I've bought a pair of trousers from, Stealth Gear.

I would like to discourse on other makes, but really, none of my surplus stuff has ever let me down, despite rigorous punishment. Other than surplus kit, most everything else seems to be generic fleece and t-shirts

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
For bushcraft, I suppose that it's Lundhags (always!), Fjallraven, Swedish Army surplus (for shirts), Paramo, Arborwear, Woolpower, Bison (for Guide shirt) and Snowsled that get picked when venturing out.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Fjellraven
Ullfrotte/Woolpower
Icebreaker
Haglöfs

What ever will fit me (and thats an ever-shrinking number of companies, since most are into "slim and short") and we stock in the shop, since I dont want to buy at retail prices 8and some companies offer truly excellent discounts for shop personnel)

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Tough durable Cahartt, american workwear give it a try. Any New Zealand gear is hard to beat,German Duck Bay is also worth a try.

phil

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Norrøna, Fjällräven, Bergans, Montane, Mountain Equipment (extremely good price/performance ratio), Lundhags, Bemidji, Devold.. Hmm Have I missed someone? I also like different brands of work wear, usually pretty cheap and very hard wearing.

I really really wanna try some of this Paramo stuff, but I haven't seen live here unfortunately, and I don't like the look of some models. But from what I've read the fabrics seems brilliant.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Any thoughts on Howies? I'm pretty close to ordering a pair of kecks from them but they are quite expensive.

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
I think howies got bought out by Timberland, and their stuff is now made in the Far East. I personally wouldn't buy their stuff anymore - but I still have a pair of their heavy denim shorts which are about 10 years old and still like new.

hurplegrappers

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
R.C.T. South Wales
I've only just started getting serious about quality clothing so not yet qualified to give a full list but of what I have accumulated so far I'm VERY pleased with indeed.

Cactus Climbing NZ : WK Supertrousers
Ulfrotte/Woolpower : 200g Base layer + 600g full zip jacket

EDIT : So far personally, based on popular opinion I think I've picked the best of the best....

If anyone here knows a good waterproof shell and likewise a good waterproof lightweight (pref gor-tex) pair of boots I am most interested to hear ya. Many thanks.

hurps.

Last edited:

Cael Nu Mara

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 8, 2008
Highlands
Swanndri (Bushshirts)
Swazi (Jackets)
Harkila (Clothing)
SwedTeam (Clothing, mainly trousers)
Black Islander (Boots/Gaiters)
Miendl (Boots)
Arktis (Shirts)
LaCrosse (Wellis/Boots)
DuckDri (Treggins)
Le Chamoo (Wellies, Fleecy Things)
Honda (Foreman 620cc) ;)

I think thats all...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE