What are the camping/hammocking arrangements

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
I would like to take the family (2 adults + 14yr old daughter) to the Bushmoot this year but am unsure of the camping/hammocking arrangements. Details are a bit vague on the website. It sounds like a massive site but maybe camping areas etc are restricted.

We would like to set up a small camp in the woods comprising 3 hammocks with small tarps and a 4th large tarp for living/cooking/chilling/fire.

Would this be possible without going too far from the main site and toilet block. Neither my wife or daughter are hard core campers and need to be as comfortable as possible and reasonably close to the facilities.

If any old hands can give me an idea of the set up, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
There's plenty of spots you can pitch both hammocks and tents in a reasonable walking distance from the Reception/toilet block but you might struggle to say it was 'in the woods' as it can be quite open in areas.

There is more wooded areas available the far side of the embankment but that's 5 or so minutes walk from the recepton area.

This post by Tony for last years moot explains where you can and can't camp. The area I was refering to is mark 6 on the map

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE