What about a meetup??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
I have got a couple of possible locations.

I will be going to look at a private (virgin) 100 acre woodland site in the peak district soon, which is part of a venture that I am slowly being coaxed in to. That would be pretty central, and big enough to play "hunt the lost person" in, with no neighbours to get upset.

I will see what the gut feel is when i visit, and scope out the nearest pub/off licence for once the sharp things get put away. :twisted:

J

Jamie

I'd definitely be up for it subject to date and place of course (so long as you dont mind a complete newbie coming along that is!)

Cheers

Jamie

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i'm also a newbie to bushcraft but i'm willing to make the effort!

by the way who is the Jeramy guy from norfolk?
i live in Norwich maybe we could meet up? :-D

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I'd love it so long as i wasn' at school (sixth form) as too scout campsites. i have been to two both of which with other groups. i have a feeling it could be a great lesson.

1987_uk

im in i am also new to bushcraft so it could help for me to come along and learn a few tricks from the more experienced people.....

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
i'll go. providing no one takes the p*** out of my crap kit! I have a semi decent knife and a swedish fire stick, from there it deteriorates. my hammock is a cheapo nylon type that cost less than a fiver and my headlamp cost about the same(made by stanley tools)my sleeping bag is a blacks highland,state of the art 25 years ago when i brought it! have I missed it or is there any provisional dates for this?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Mate, you worry toooooo much, the whole point of bushcraft is to become less reliant on kit. Some people collect it for the sake of it, others just stick with what they have. There aint going to be anyone laughing.

No date yet although I expect it will be towards the end of the spring.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hi Guys,

This sounds like a great idea especialy for a newbie like me.

My only difficulty is that I'm on the other side of the Irish sea and I am not sure yet if would be able to make any event in the UK this year.

But if any of the members that are from the emerald isle are in the same boat maybe we could get together here. All are welcome off course if you fancy the trip.

Maybe just contact me directly rather then clutering up this thread or should I start a new one.

James

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Tony said:
Mate, you worry toooooo much, the whole point of bushcraft is to become less reliant on kit. Some people collect it for the sake of it, others just stick with what they have. There aint going to be anyone laughing.

No date yet although I expect it will be towards the end of the spring.

I agree Tone but I certainly know what Bob is saying. I have to stop myself ocasionally from thinking that I have to have a GB axe (for example) or I just haven't got the right one. It's hard to stop yourself from wanting all the best stuff and not working with what you've got/afford.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
bushwacker bob said:
i'll go. providing no one takes the p*** out of my crap kit! I have a semi decent knife and a swedish fire stick, from there it deteriorates. my hammock is a cheapo nylon type that cost less than a fiver and my headlamp cost about the same(made by stanley tools)my sleeping bag is a blacks highland,state of the art 25 years ago when i brought it! have I missed it or is there any provisional dates for this?

Bob "Knowledge" is the best bit of kit you can own. I'm sure some of the indeginous peoples of the Amazon basin don't have 'Granny B's' firesteels or woodlore knives. The art of the bushman is to make do with what you have, and believe me, if you can make a shelter with a bit of string and a £3 dodgy knife off ebay, you'll gain far more respect than the bloke who's leaning against his Range Rover Vogue picking the dirt out of his nails with his mirror polished 'Granny B'.

Bottom line is this..Bushcraft isn't a fashion show. If it's functional and it works, that's all that matters.
Is your hammock comfy?....then it's fine
Is your dossbag warm??......Bonus
Does your headlamp light up??.......Job done.

One of my favourite bits of bushcraft is making something for nothing. You'll have seen the home made stove thread, and Tony's thread about TK Max billies. That's what it's all about.

You'll get no snobbery from this quarter Bob..I for one would love to have a get together regardless of age, skills or what kit you've got. It's the common interest that's the great leveller . So get yourself to the meet and we'll sink a couple :uu:

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
it would almost make sense to have a spring "gathering" of sorts, and then the gathering in september!

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE