Whales in long boats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
2 & 4 sold (thanks to both of you)
Been in the forge again. Not sure if 1, 2 & 3 will open bottles (only got cans in at the mo ;))

Made these strikers. As usual shower of sparks with a strong stroking action or a glancing blow

Whalesinlongboats2-1.jpg

Whalesinlongboats-1.jpg

£8.50 each please inc PnP and PayPal if sent as Money owed/Gift

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Just a reminder that I've started selling Dutch Oven Lid Lifters as well now ;)

WKPotLifter-1.jpg

WKPotLifter4-1.jpg

£10 inc the usual PnP and PayPal as money owed/gift please

Also made from 10mm black square steel pot, dutch oven support (tried one out with a 4 litre dutch oven on this weekend - ask Damascus how it did ;))

(This one was made as an order and is extra special as I gave it a double twist (one reverse twisted) before coating it in vegetable oil as usual)

Potholder-shortened2.jpg

I'm believe most of you will have seen them at reenactments, if not they hang your kettle/pot over the fire like this (this was the mark i but you get the idea ;))

Squarepothangerwithtwist.jpg

£20 inc P&P and PayPal if paid as gift/money owed
normally I make them to order for reenectors , backpackers, etc

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I made three new strikers at Xmas for someone but don't seem to be able to get hold of them for payment. :confused:

They are £10 each including all the usual. :) Paypal as gift or money owed please to avoid both of us paying charges ;)

These are BIG as my hand will fit into the middle one :yikes:. Its approx. 120mm x 50mm x 5mm with an internal measurement of 100m x 28mm x 5mm

They all spark like all the rest I've made are renowned for (Blacksmith Guild tips) :campfire:. You can either use a glancing blow as normal or put the striker on the flint and just push down hard :wow1:. (Haven't found anyone yet who can't get sparks from them (Famous last words? :rolleyes:))

Strikers9thJan2011-1.jpg

other bits here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59168 & http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63739

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE