Wetterling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Here ye go Hugo, your axe, well my axe

as it was on Wednesday

DSCN2932.jpg

covered in paint stripper today

DSCN2939.jpg

after the paint striper had done it's stuff

DSCN2942.jpg

and then cleaned up with various grits of wet & dry paper, the helve sanded down and given a good coat of linseed oil and the head polished up a bit

DSCN2947.jpg

DSCN2952.jpg

DSCN2963.jpg

of course i had to test it out, so i knocked up a quick, very rough spoon blank

DSCN2971.jpg

Axe works a treat and has a lovely balance to it, which makes carving effortless.

Well chuffed with it - cheers matey

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Looking good, When are you making the leather clothing for it, I have a Spearwell that looks just like that, this one.

008.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looking good, When are you making the leather clothing for it, I have a Spearwell that looks just like that, this one.

clothes already made for it, i had a spare axe mask sitting here and it fits a treat:)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Nice job Mark.

I've been using Neutra-rust 661 on some of my axe heads & billhooks recently for longer term storage, it's a rust converter (usually used on my landy chassis!) that gives a sort of blue-black patina once it dries, is fairly robust and doesn't seem to dull the edge. I tried it because I was fed up with finding rust spots developing on my cutting tools.

Dave

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice job Mark.

I've been using Neutra-rust 661 on some of my axe heads & billhooks recently for longer term storage, it's a rust converter (usually used on my landy chassis!) that gives a sort of blue-black patina once it dries, is fairly robust and doesn't seem to dull the edge. I tried it because I was fed up with finding rust spots developing on my cutting tools.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'll keep my eyes open for some of that Neutra-Rust, sounds just the ticket

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE