Wet forming query

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've reformed a couple of sheaths that have gone soft or lost their shape a touch Tom, I don't see why it wouldn't work okay.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Should work OK.

Just soak it in some warm water until soft them form it. You may need to re-wax/treat it afterwards and make sure its fully dry before you leave a knife in it - O1 goes a nice shade of orange in a damp sheath:eek:

Richard

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Should work OK.

Just soak it in some warm water until soft them form it. You may need to re-wax/treat it afterwards and make sure its fully dry before you leave a knife in it - O1 goes a nice shade of orange in a damp sheath:eek:

Richard

How long should I leave a (cling filmed) knife in the newly wetted sheath in order to take the new form?

Feb 9, 2008
Buckinghamshire
May i add something....if you clamp the sheath between two pieces of high density foam after remoulding it around your clingfilmed knife. you then should be able to remove your knife after 10 minutes as the leather should of taken on the revised shape.
regards,
Lance.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
How long should I leave a (cling filmed) knife in the newly wetted sheath in order to take the new form?

Depends???

As Driftwoodwalker said..........

I usually sandwich mine between to pieces of HD foam backed with plywood wrap them round with bungee cord for an hour or so, then leave the sheath to dry (without the knife in) for a few days. Just make sure it's fully dry and your knife is oiled before leaving the knife in it.

Richard

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE