Westcountry Bushcrafters?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Hows many of us are based in the westcountry?
I am based in Devon, I know another is based in north Devon and one in south, could always meet up. A "regional" gathering will be easier to organise and more likely to come off.
Neil1

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

Getting the thread back onto the original question.

Neil it's a great idea. I'm up in North Devon. Name a date sadly It'll have to be before the 25th of Feb for me as I'm off to New Zealand then for good :-D

Cheers

John

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i'm in glos, but i like the south west, easy to get to. quite a ususal holiday destination for us.

cheers and.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Would the eastern side of Dartmoor be central enough for everyone? Perhaps for a day-walk up thru some nice woodland and maybe a camp-out. Thoughts please.
Neil1

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
cracking idea! i tend to have a busy time in the spring, lot's of annual jaunts. but if the timing was right i'd be up for it.

cheers, and.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Give an idea of timmings please, this would be very helpfull. SE Bushcrafters note: this is a whole lot better than, Eridge, Rotherfield, Mayfield area ( I know, I grew up there).. Good mixed woodland, brown trout in the streams, wild eds everywhere and the occasional wood nymph!!!
N1

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've have just changed jobs so trying to sort a whole weekend is a little difficult right now, but I am free on sunday if anyone wants to get a day on the moors? Reply if you are interested and I'll put up the sheet no's and grid refs needed.
Neil

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I'm in Hampshire and definately up a for a meet up, be good to meet people and practice with folks that share this interest, most people I tell just look at me as if I've got another head... in fact one mate said he wouldn't mind - as long as hes in a caravan with an electric hook up :AR15firin .

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Norwich!

with nearby areas of interest being.

north norfolk coastal walk

pedders way

thetford forest

horsford woods

and Norwich city ain't too bad either! :wink:

J

Jethro

I'm down Devon way... Exeter, in fact!

Have only recently moved to the area, so would be interested to find out where others go in the area, and if there are any local courses/gatherings that take place.

Thanks in advance.
Jed.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm just outside Exeter, but getting any free time at the mo is a little difficult to say the least. As soon as work calms down a little, I'll free up a day and we can go exploring.
Neil1

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE