Wentwood Forest, Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 1, 2005
UK
Apologies if this is in the wrong place or off-topic, but I wasn't sure where to put it.

I've just received a letter from the Woodland Trust about their purchase of Wentwood Forest in Wales, 870 acres of ancient forest that is at risk of clear felling for conifer planting. Having decided to try to buy it, they were outbid; they've put in a successful higher bid, but this has left them about £250,000 short of their current fundraising total. There's more information on their website: http://www.woodland-trust.org.uk/appeals/index.htm

WL

maverick

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
I have been watching the situation with wentwood forest as it is one of my play areas.
There was an article in my local rag (South Wales argus) a couple of days ago stating they where only 3000 pound short of the bid due to high public support. so they are nearly there ;)

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Just donated ! I read about it a few month's ago and am glad to hear they have got an offer accepted. I dont think there's a better way to spend your money than helping something like this ......voting seems to do nothing we must all vote with our money ! Keep britain wild ! raaaaaaaaaaa

Thankyou for posting this, i have also posted it on my forum

Am I ranting lol

Booosh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE