Well Then...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shovel

Forager
Jul 12, 2012
Wherever I choose to live.
A week ago, I found out that the guy who lives across my street has a forge and anvil, and is willing to teach me blacksmithing. Whoop dee doo. I'll also try to use it to heat treat some blades as well.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
It's surprising the people you can find with skills that live in your area.
Looking forward to seeing what you have made up.

Shovel

Forager
Jul 12, 2012
Wherever I choose to live.
Just got back from his house, just learned how to hold the hammers, flattening out metal, melting points of different metals, and curving and twisting in a vice. He has an anvil/forge from 1920 which is an anvil with a vice built in and a crank blower. Works quite well. Will post pics as soon as possible. Made a point as well. Worked with rebar, iron, and some steel. Looking for a railroad spike as well to make something out of too.

Last edited:

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
I'd love to meet a person nearby who was willing to teach me about carving and green woodworking. I've done the odd spoon and things, tree spirit faces and so on, but nowt really good. You'd think there'd be carving clubs or night school evenings around, but nothing in my area.
Any good carvers/wood workers in Keighley/Skipton area looking for an old apprentice???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE