Weekends spoons.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
wow love that curly handle one how did you do that ?

its a lot of hardwork doing the rope twist, start by drawing 3 equaly spaced lines down thr shaft,then cut a deep groove along each line,then its a matter of rounding the twists by carving the edges off till it looks like a rope twist.

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
That barley twist one is great, so is the next one, and the square bowl....................Ah heck, they're all good.

Square one is my favorite. Just wondering how it fits in your mouth!:eek:

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
That barley twist one is great, so is the next one, and the square bowl....................Ah heck, they're all good.

Square one is my favorite. Just wondering how it fits in your mouth!:eek:

cheers mate,they are all serving/ cooking spoons ,however they fit mrs fish's mouth fine! lol

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Lovely work and quick too to make all those in a weekend!

a plain spoon takes me around an hour ,a barley/rope twist is that plus another hour.

A bit like my wife........I hope she never reads this forum!

amen to that one brother!

Beautiful spoons there. Could you tell us a little about the knife that you carved them with - it too is a stunner!

the knife blade is a rat tanged 'bernie garland' 01 tool steel whitlin blade,it was one of his first,the hanle was done by me and consists of padouk wood a home made mosaic pin,(must admit it was copied from one i couldnt afford!) and a bit of plate brass for the bolster,i look forward to this one on my knife rotation.

Last edited:

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
i dont generally oil them and let the owner do that,i was using walnut oil and i have had a few folk not buy due to allergy problems,so now i just advise them what suits their needs ,if they have no needs i usually recomend the walnut oil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE