Weekend's gear testing - Thoughts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Alas, no water trough in that field, the photo you link conveniently includes in the background the water source that the sheep were using.

Julia

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Have a look at the watertogo filter bottles http://www.watertogo.eu/ would be fine to use with the water supply in the picture above and a lot worse too !

Once I figured out to suck from the bottle rather than try to squeeze it (it's quite hard plastic) got a decent flow rate quite easily !

Cheers, Paul

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
The cola bottles are really thin sometimes. My wife drinks Sainsburys (mostly, cheap for 4, but almost any supermarket make) flavoured still water, 1L. They're fairly thick, and a good shape. The sparkling bottles have a long tapering neck which makes the bottle long, but they are stronger (to handle the pressure) than the still water one.

Also, if you dip the water bottle into the source to fill it remember that the outside of the bottle will now be contaminated.

Last edited:
The cola bottles are really thin sometimes. My wife drinks Sainsburys (mostly, cheap for 4, but almost any supermarket make) flavoured still water, 1L. They're fairly thick, and a good shape. The sparkling bottles have a long tapering neck which makes the bottle long, but they are stronger (to handle the pressure) than the still water one.

Also, if you dip the water bottle into the source to fill it remember that the outside of the bottle will now be contaminated.

Another good one is Robinsons Barley Water squash bottles, they are really think and last well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE