Weekend sanding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I bought some knife blades, one from here and a few from Brisa and stuck on some handles over the last week or two. This weekend I sanded them, oiled them, sanded them more, oiled them more.....

Quite pleased with this. Local elm, cross cut oak and rippled oak.

I have to make leather sheaths for them all now.Handles.jpg

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
That's some very handsome work there. I'd be very proud of any one of them.
The issue is which one to take with you. But what a nice issue to have.

Reactions: Dougster

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
IMG_20200914_200810_644.jpg

The cross cut oak one is on the new blade from Brisa. Much finer than I was expecting it will make a fantastic kitchen, butcher or camp cook knife. The Brisa Trapper in D2 at the top is one of my favourite production blades ever and the full tang puuko is a joy in the hand.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
View attachment 61449

The cross cut oak one is on the new blade from Brisa. Much finer than I was expecting it will make a fantastic kitchen, butcher or camp cook knife. The Brisa Trapper in D2 at the top is one of my favourite production blades ever and the full tang puuko is a joy in the hand.

That’s a much better pic of the finished knives. Isn’t that new Brisa a very fine looking knife? I think I’d be loathe to part with that one, I’d sneak it into the kitchen drawer and kind of forget I was ever planning to sell it. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dougster

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
That’s a much better pic of the finished knives. Isn’t that new Brisa a very fine looking knife? I think I’d be loathe to part with that one, I’d sneak it into the kitchen drawer and kind of forget I was ever planning to sell it. ;)

Many thanks. I recently bought a Spyderco bushcrafter from Tony so any new shinies must go. We will see what happens.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE