Wee trip up to the Lost Valley ( Glen Coe )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
A wee overnighter in The Lost Valley.

It started off with glorious weather, Sun splitting the skies and blue skies, odd wee puffy cloud. But , this is Scottish Highlands folks, weather changes at the drop o' a hat !

And said hat was duly dropped , lol ! It rained after we got to the campsite, so no pictures were taken, too wet . Thankfully there was no wind, the Glen being quite sheltered. No chance of a camp fire sadly, not a lot ( if any ) available wood to keep a fire going. All the trees ( mostly birch ) are stunted and there was very little standing ( or fallen ) dead wood. Ah well.

Second time out overnight with the oldest grandson, he loved it as well. Cracking walk up a gorge tae get to the Glen, cple o' bits had tae be traversed with due care ( ppl have fallen and died here ).

Spent most of the day , after the night camping in the Glen. Stunning scenery all around. We even got a wee impromptu fly by from the Coastguard !

Only downer , for me, was leaving ( by the cars back wheels ) a small grab bag containing a steel fold flat wood stove ( bought on here ) . Rather annoyed at my carelessness doing that, thought I ' d packed it in the car. Class A prat for doing that, lesson well learned.

A few pictures of the trip, mainly at camp as taking out DSLR was a pain with the climb into the Glen.

Thanks for looking .

Pete

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice memories there Pete :D and some cracking photos :D

Thank you for sharing, and I hope your stove makes it way back home.

atb,
M

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Thanks Mary.
Way I look at it , t'was my fault.
I can only hope that a young lad finds it ( would have been real easy in the car park) , and decides to try it out and gets into going out more.

Barclay03, ya def' need to get up there, great walk in and all round stunning area.

Dewi, it is a wow moment when you crest the end of the gorge and see the Valley proper.

Pete

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I love walking and I love rocks... that place is my idea of heaven.

My ventures into Scotland haven't been very successful in the past... the first time I was thrown about in a helicopter (one of the most terrifying experiences in my life) and the second time I had to leave a public house rather quickly when it was made quite clear to me in very few words that Englishmen were not welcome. Third time lucky with a trip to Edinburgh Castle, but I don't think I met anyone Scottish the entire day... in fact you'd have been forgiven for thinking it was a province of China the day I visited.

If I can persuade my other half (she loves Scotland with a passion) I would love to camp where you've camped. It'd make my year!!

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Looks like a great trip Pete, was the stove you brung with me that went walkabouts??

Perfect excuse for a new cookset now!:)

Buster

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Looks like a great trip Pete, was the stove you brung with me that went walkabouts??

Perfect excuse for a new cookset now!:)

Buster

It was the wee stainless steel box set. TBH , t'was probs a wee bit too heavy overall. As you say though, need tae replace it , lol .

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE